SecState Kerry in Europe to manage U.K. exit from the EU

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Jun 26, 2016.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

2. FieldingMellish Suspended

More legacy building.

Kerry and Obama should shut the hell up and butt out of the UK's affairs. Stay home and prevent more Muslim terrorist cell slayings of Americans on American soil.

3. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Says someone with no grasp of geopolitics or global finance, evidently. To think the US isn't effected or has a vested interest in the ramifications of brexit is just plain ignorant. Kerry is doing his job. Also, I guess, Muslim bogeymen...

4. FieldingMellish, Jun 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2016

FieldingMellish Suspended

Some job.

Kerry, having made believe he was doing hard negotiating with Death to America Iranians, while in actuality giving away the farm, on a deal already secretly done by Obama behind everybody's backs.

A deal in which ex-ambassador Thomas Pickering, formerly working for Boeing, was pushing hard as well for the deal behind the scenes.

Pols making money while making the world a dangerous place.

Is this the work of stumbling idiots, or was it done completely on purpose?

So Kerry, please stay home.

And Muslims are the bogeys. A sleeper cell just killed 50 in sunny Orlando, in case you have not noticed.

5. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Lurch will guide the Brexit with a steady hand so the Remain Millennials are free to get blind drunk and lay sprawled paralytic in the street, half-naked and streaked with vomit.

6. Populism, Jun 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2016

Populism macrumors regular

Populism

To think the non-US is effected as opposed to affected is just plain - to use your word - ignorant.

Please ... teach us more, blackfox.

Please.

7. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Kids these days, huh, Aaron? Why, back in your day... :p

8. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

.[/QUOTE]
    http://web.ku.edu/~edit/affect.html
    Fine. Could be argued either way. I think you knew what I meant. In any case, what's your point exactly?
    --- Post Merged, Jun 26, 2016 ---
    Unfortunately, the reality is scarier. Most domestic attacks are done by white people. If you want to bring Islam into it, most non-Arab converts (i.e. White people) are the most zealous...look around...with brexit and a number of other examples, a lot of people are fed up with the lot life gave them and attach themselves to something that gives them meaning. Sometimes, that's a dangerous ideology...there's several billion Muslims. I'm not sure they need to foot the bill...

9. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

It's getting to the point where conservatives get upset if a Democrat farts in the wrong direction. I guess this is what happens when your party hasn't had a successful presidency in 3 decades and has no hope of one in the near future.

10. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

Thanks for asking.

My point - exactly - was that you called a specific population "ignorant".

The population that you characterized as "effected".

Please. Ask again

11. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

No he characterized people that believe they are living on an island is ignorant, to which you replied with well thought nitpicking.

12. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

No. I thought an implied line of thinking was ignorant. A/Effect be damned.

13. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

US markets dropped more than ours did on Friday...

Besides America has the same problem with Trump.

14. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

What power does Kerry have to speak on behalf of the Brits or the EU?

15. ChrisWB macrumors 6502

Do you own stocks? Brexit has hurt my American stock portfolio. We (Americans) have a vested interest in maintaining our investments; our large companies do business on a global scale, and the UK is one of the largest economies in the world.

To put it in simpler terms: no, they should be over there protecting our interests.

16. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Don't you get it yet? John Kerry is the "indispensable man," jetting from crisis to international crisis bestowing his wisdom on lesser mortals. If you don't believe that, just ask him.

17. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Stupid thread is stupid. If Kerry didn't go, there would be a thread about how disconnected or some similar bull **** posted.

And the $18,700 my portfolios are down due to Brexit says he better have his ass over there.

18. ChrisWB macrumors 6502

Multiple papers are reporting that 2-3 trillion dollars were lost in the international markets overnight. The Telegraph, The Guardian, Financial Times (subscription required for this link - I included the other two links as non-subscription sources).

Here's a snapshot of my portfolio after Brexit. I cropped out the dollar amounts because it's just too depressing.
    [​IMG]

I was lucky in comparison: the S&P 500 lost 5.6% overnight. Most all-world indexes lost between 6-8% and European indexes lost 11%. Had I been invested in more global stocks I would have lost more than $30,000.

To reiterate, it's John Kerry's job to protect our interests by making our position heard. If nothing else, the boring drone of his voice may serve to cool the hotheads at Westminster.

19. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Thank God for the Brexit, I'm snapping up all kinds bargain stocks.

20. ChrisWB macrumors 6502

That's your prerogative as a fiscally liberal person. Your money, your business. I hope that you're able to make a profit, good luck!

21. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

Congrats! Maybe in five years, with the "profits" you'll be able to buy a Big Mac! :rolleyes:

22. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Not sure why you put profits inside scare quotes. I guess you think profit is a bad thing. Anyway, I subscribe to the Warren Buffet theory of investing: buy low and hold forever. It's done me well as my Apple dividends alone pay my entire mortgage every month.

23. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

And your track record of bad guesses as to what I think continues uninterrupted.