Security for Terror Trial to Cost $216 Million

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by obeygiant, Jan 6, 2010.

1. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Probably the tip of the iceberg...

2. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

If I was New York I would be saying the same thing, while bloating my budgets so that I could get a nice little annual prize.

3. IntheNet macrumors regular

IntheNet

Since BHO and AG Holder are the ones calling for this political theater, they should pay the security bill, the whole bill, and nothing but the bill. Send the bill to them....

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. It will cost way more than that.

5. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Trying this silly guy in public, making an example of him as nothing more than a petty criminal, instead of secretly shooting him after a secret military tribunal does one thing. It keeps him from being a martyr.

Do you HONESTLY believe that anyone in any terror organization would cross the street for this stupid kid, much less plan a huge terror plot against the most protected city in this country.

The Bushies tried the shoe bomber in federal court. This guy is going to prison. Why not do it in public so that they can't say he's a martyr.

As for the cost of security, I'm not expert, but that sounds like a city trying to get federal money to make up for their own economic problems.

6. ArrowSmith macrumors regular

What a waste. Just have a quickie show trial and summary execution. For god's sake, did anyone see the WTC jumpers? :(:(:(

7. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

Are we competing with China and North Korea here or something?

8. ArrowSmith macrumors regular

Liberals think 9/11 was a criminal action. On par with jaywalking.

9. Queso macrumors G4

I agree. And whilst we're at it, we'll backdate the policy and make every political leader pay for their own useless grandstanding financial drains on the public purse.

How much did the Iraq War cost again? Can even the Bushes and their highly profitable since 2003 arms-dealing business empire afford to repay that?

10. ArrowSmith macrumors regular

Evidence plz. ;):apple:

11. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Considering this happened on Bush's watch and Obama is just cleaning up afterwards can't the bill be sent to Bush for this case as well.

12. ArrowSmith macrumors regular

With these kind of ultra-whack opinions its no wonder conservatives are gaining.

13. Queso macrumors G4

No worries on that score. As soon as they open their mouths they'll sink themselves again. The Republican Party needs to clean itself out quite a bit yet, which will become apparent once they start campaigning.

14. Macaddicttt macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

You've got to be kidding me. If you think liberals think 9/11 was "on par with jaywalking" then you are completely delusional.

15. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

You clearly didn't read what he was responding to, namely that the Iraq war occurred under Bush, and the cost of that should be borne by them. What exactly is "ultra-whack" about that, or anything else that's been posted here?

Just curious.

16. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Although I don't agree with how the trials are proceeding (these guys would have received a speedy military trial and already be dead under my watch), this is pretty much nonsense.

17. beatzfreak macrumors 6502

Fixed that for you.

Although it's going to be a PITA, I'd much rather have my NYC/NYS tax dollars going to security to finally bring justice to this scumbag then on a 4.9 billion dollar arena to bring the worst NBA team (Nets) to Brooklyn. Which is a bigger PITA.

18. obeygiant thread starter macrumors 68040

obeygiant

As delusional as calling terrorism a "Man caused disaster"?

19. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I'll give you that, it was a bat **** stupid remark. In fact, I move that 'face palm' be replaced with 'man caused disaster'.

I do agree with the moving away from fear part though. Real tired of how Bush and Cheney loved to keep this country in fear.

Attached Files:

20. IntheNet macrumors regular

IntheNet

Both the Attorney General and the President believe the terrorist(s) being brought to NYC to stand trial are guilty and both have said and maintained that they'll be found guilty. Moreover, both the Attorney General and the President are planning a jail in Illinois to house them after the trial. Thus this "terror trial" is nothing of the kind; it is political theater so the Attorney General and President can pontificate about how their friends in Al Qaeda were mistreated by the prior president and his administration and the bill for the theater passed on to taxpayers. The Attorney General and the President should pay the bill for their own circus show.

21. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I have to agree with inthenet on one issue, this trial is in no way going to display our justice system "at its best" the president has no intent of releasing these people even if they loopholed their way out in some odd scenario, the trial is rigged from the start.

22. Queso macrumors G4

You missed the bit where I said "I agree" then :p

23. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Do you not remember Richard Reed, the shoe bomber? He was tried in federal criminal court by the Bush administration. It's precedent. It's the way we handle these types of cases. It's the law.

I can't believe you just accused the President of the United States as having friends in Al Qaeda. I'm speechless. I'm all for reasonable people disagreeing, but that really is unAmerican. Sickens me how low people will stoop.

I disagreed with Bush, but I have never met a Democrat who accused him of having friends who were Al Qaeda. I've heard whack-jobs spout conspiricay theories about 9/11, but those were the crazy people.

At least those nuts could point to the Bin Laden family being allowed to leave the US after 9/11 and Bush Sr, Cheney, Rumsfeld's relationships with Iraq/Iran/Afganistan/Bin Laden from long ago.

24. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

We should just kill them and save the money.:rolleyes:

Some of the people here are like lynch mobs. Hang em!! They have no right to a trial.

25. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Obama has already pretty much assured that they won't be set free, theres not really any point in having a trial.