Security Update 2018-003 (High Sierra 10.13.6) Mac Pro 3,1 not working

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by humanafterall, Dec 9, 2018.

1. humanafterall macrumors newbie

humanafterall

Mac Pro 3,1 (early 2008)
    High Sierra 10.13.6 installed with dosdude1 patch tool, runs without any issues.

Install the latest Security Update 2018-003 via App Store (Fail).
    Near the update completion it throws following error: An error occurred while running scripts from the package: "SecUpd2018-003HighSierra.RecoveryHDUpdate.pkg”. On restart boot screen stuck with spinning loader, I install Post Install Patch via @dosdude1 tool. It boots but with really bad graphics performance.
    Security update does not appear on About This Mac or Installations Logs.

Install the latest Security Update 2018-003 direct download (Fail).
    Following these and these instructions to doctor the scripts, the update installs without errors.
    But on restart boot screen stuck again with spinning loader needs hard shut down, I install Post Install Patch via @dosdude1 tool. It boots but with really bad graphics performance again. Security update does not appear on About This Mac, appears on Installations Logs.

Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. michel52, Dec 12, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2018

michel52 macrumors member

michel52

i had the similar problem before with my iMac a few weeks ago, what i did was to disconnected the internet cable and disconnected the power cable and push a few times on the start buttom and let it after this a whole day and night without power and internet, the day after my iMac restarted again and did not stuck anymore at the restart boot screen ...

3. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68030

BugeyeSTI

I had issues installing the update also. Hopefully this won’t be the norm from now on considering some had issues installing the last update also..

4. Forbidden Era macrumors member

Forbidden Era

I am also on a 3,1 and updated with dosdude1's patch..

The version of osx downloaded via his tool was 17G2208, which supposedly is only an incremental update build for 2018 mbps.. not a general release :/

I am booted with glitchy/bad graphics/no gfx acceleration as well, on NVIDIA here though.