security wannabe pulls a gun like a idiot.

A.Goldberg

macrumors 68020
Jan 31, 2015
Boston
That's one of the stupidest things I've honestly ever seen. It reminds me of 2 of the security guards at my work who honestly are insane with an inferiority complex at a minimum. Super Trooper A and Super Trooper B. Don't even get me started.

The guy in the car had every reason to be upset about this. Drawing a gun over a traffic cone?! The rent-a-cops need to lose their jobs and then some.

That cannot possibly be legal for a security guard to break out a vehicle's window.

I'd be curious to know how the police handled this.

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
Waiting for the defenders saying the driver provoked it and if he just acted right.

webbuzz

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2010
I always thought that Gecko45 was a myth...
Ha ha
[doublepost=1475849910][/doublepost]
That's one of the stupidest things I've honestly ever seen. It reminds me of 2 of the security guards at my work who honestly are insane with an inferiority complex at a minimum. Super Trooper A and Super Trooper B. Don't even get me started.

The guy in the car had every reason to be upset about this. Drawing a gun over a traffic cone?! The rent-a-cops need to lose their jobs and then some.

That cannot possibly be legal for a security guard to break out a vehicle's window.

I'd be curious to know how the police handled this.
Doubt it is either.

"Buchanan says he was traumatized by the incident and had to take off 5 months from work."

Article

Complaint (PDF)

Last edited:

oneMadRssn

macrumors 601
Sep 8, 2011
New England
I honestly think I am more likely to be a gunshot victim of folks like this than I am of gang member. I don't interact with gangs, I am almost never near gangs, I don't have much they would want from me.

On the other hand, these gun-toting vigilante idiots, protectors of traffic cones, are everywhere.

Reactions: Foggydog

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
I honestly think I am more likely to be a gunshot victim of folks like this than I am of gang member. I don't interact with gangs, I am almost never near gangs, I don't have much they would want from me.

On the other hand, these gun-toting vigilante idiots, protectors of traffic cones, are everywhere.
seriously, how many have you met?
[doublepost=1475855377][/doublepost]
Waiting for the defenders saying the driver provoked it and if he just acted right.
hold your breath,,,,go for it. :D

Reactions: DrewDaHilp1

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
hold your breath,,,,go for it. :D
no just used to the defenders of anyone with a gun. I Know never happens here ever ever honest. Now if he had a badge people were would be defending the guy till new years.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
no just used to the defenders of anyone with a gun. I Know never happens here ever ever honest. Now if he had a badge people were would be defending the guy till new years.
special snow flake starts running over cones in a parking lot and gets triggered when another snow flake over reacts. why don't you try that where cops are Steve, see what would happen, go for it :D

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
link to story
http://sfist.com/2016/09/08/apple_employee_sues_mall.php
figures it was an apple user who goo triggered.....
This all went down in December when Nicholas Buchanan was queued in a line of cars waiting to leave the mall (there is an Apple store in the mall, but it is not clear if that is where Buchanan works). The lawsuit says that the driver in the car in front of Buchanan began to reverse, so Buchanan moved his car out of the way into another lane — running over a cone in the process. It was at this time that things are reported to have gone from standard day at the mall to terrifying.

Cellphone video shot by Buchanan from inside his vehicle (included in CBS 5's report embedded below) shows a nervous looking security guard pointing his gun right at the camera. After a few moments a man identified as the armed guard's supervisor comes by and threatens to "take out" Buchanan's car window which, perhaps intelligently, remains rolled up.
[doublepost=1475856009][/doublepost]
This is another good reason why people need the right to sue. This guy deserves his day in court.

The guards should have been arrested on the spot. I don't see any indication of what actually happened to them.
I'll play, you have cones and traffic is being diverted hence the reason why security guards are there, then you see this special snow flake start to run over the safety cones and you have no idea if he is a terrorist looking to cut line in order to go bomb the mall . or he saw his EX and wants to run her over, or he is drunk and is going to get someone killed going over the safety cones. or...............................

oneMadRssn

macrumors 601
Sep 8, 2011
New England
seriously, how many have you met?
I have met probably 100 or so gun owners in my life. About a dozen I would call friends. Of them all, I would trust less than a quarter with a gun in a tense situation. Indeed, most them I do not trust with a gun period. Five people have asked me to write them letters of recommendation for their CC permit applications. I have written only one such letter. For two of them, I seriously considered writing the opposite letter and sending it to the police on my own.

In the past, I don't think you have disagreed with my point: The length and depth of training required to own a gun is way way too low.

Reactions: LizKat

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
I have met probably 100 or so gun owners in my life. About a dozen I would call friends. Of them all, I would trust less than a quarter with a gun in a tense situation. Indeed, most them I do not trust with a gun period. Five people have asked me to write them letters of recommendation for their CC permit applications. I have written only one such letter. For two of them, I seriously considered writing the opposite letter and sending it to the police on my own.

In the past, I don't think you have disagreed with my point: The length and depth of training required to own a gun is way way too low.
since it's a RIGHT, we tend to have a slippery slope where you continually tax it in the form of mandatory training , here in CA we had one guy who has a firearms instructor needing to pay another instructor to certify him, that is both stupid & crazy. should people have knowledge about their guns? you bet. we have a safety course here, after that it's all you.

oneMadRssn

macrumors 601
Sep 8, 2011
New England
after that it's all you.
That's bull. After that, it's all you, everyone in your neighborhood, and everyone within shooting distance of you.

If the "thing" we were talking about could only hurt it's owner, and was not at all dangerous to those around the owner, I would not care at all.