See what people are whining to the FCC about

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by yg17, Apr 11, 2011.

1. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

There's not much of a point to this thread, but I came across it and thought some of you might get amused by what people are wasting the FCC's time with.

http://www.tvshowcomplaints.org/examples.html

Some of my favorites:

Law and Order SVU:
    Oprah:
    The Colbert Report:
    Family Guy:
    The Daily Show:
    South Park:
    Will and Grace:
    I only wish the Sesame Street link wasn't broken, I'd love to see what people are complaining about there. Bert and Ernie might be gay? :rolleyes:

I also wonder how many of these complainers are at tea party rallies demanding that the government stay out of their lives.

2. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Perhaps it's because the Cookie Monster does not promote healthy eating so all the food Nazis submitted complaints. :D

3. DakotaGuy macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

Those people should just invest in a good remote control if they don't want to view the content they are complaining about.

4. Burnsey macrumors 6502a

If they don't like it, they can just move to some Muslim country, like Iran. There all of these concerns have no doubt been addressed.

5. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

I was watching South Park and I saw something which offended me :rolleyes:.

I mean honestly :)

The other day I went swimming and I actually GOT WET, what is the FCC doing about this???

6. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

They are pumping out hot air to cause global heating which will cause all the water to evaporate away.

Problem solved. :)

7. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

I'm personally surprised the FCC is modernized enough to let shows like family guy and south park on the air. I always imagine them to be a bunch of old farts.

8. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

9. ender land macrumors 6502a

Welcome to America, home of the "I can say whatever I want about whoever or whatever I want because of the freedom of speech, but you can't say things I don't like" attitude.

10. Heilage macrumors 68030

Heilage

Yeah, what's with that? The freedom of speech is very bound to your culture, but at the same time people seem to get up in arms with any expression that doesn't match their views. Examples above.

Would these people, who all the time talk about how great the Constitution is, allow cencorship and thus reduce the value of said Constitution?

11. Joshuarocks macrumors 6502

Joshuarocks

The FCC has also been busy on trying to pass its own sets of censorship laws and allowing the government greater power to see what you do and type on the internet.. In case you don't know already, the internet and world wide web is no longer free, as BIG BROTHER is watching your every move.. There will be a time where the websites we all go to are going to be run and watched by those who want to take our freedoms away..

Make no mistake.. the FCC is not the same agency anymore.. it too has become infected by the Republicans and their allies in taking away your personal right to visit any website or listen to any song you want.

12. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

They would, but luckily they don't get their way. We protect freedom of speech, even if that speech is hateful or unpopular, see Westboro Baptist Church. As much as i would love to see them all arrested for being evil bigots, we can't do that because they are protected by the constitution, and as hurtful as their speech is, i know that they are protected and thats how it should be in the US. I can't speak for europe though because i know some european countries, such as germany, have bans on any kind of nazi speech or things of that nature, which is fully understandable.

13. Joshuarocks macrumors 6502

Joshuarocks

For now.. until such time when religion is also a TARGET, as the government under corporations views religion as a possible, "terrorist" act. This whole war on terrorism is the reason for all this mess.

14. samiwas macrumors 65816

Dude, seriously. Between this, and some of your posts in another thread, I don't think there's enough tin foil in the country to keep you safe. Please tell me that you're some emo high school kid going against the man.

15. Joshuarocks macrumors 6502

Joshuarocks

Whatever... believe what you want to believe.. I know because I have seen it.

16. Heilage macrumors 68030

Heilage

A lot of Europe have some very complicated feelings about some types of speech, understandably. We don't have absolute freedom of speech (sadly, if you ask me), there are clauses regarding things like nazism and similiar types of speech.

Personally, I think no one has a right to not be offended. Sorry, but some people are bound to not like you, what you do, what you are, how you look or something like that.

17. Joshuarocks macrumors 6502

Joshuarocks

This is apart of human nature.. some people will like others and there are some who just don't like others and it can be any variety of reasons, some of which we may consider stupid reasons..

18. samiwas macrumors 65816

I've finally read through a bunch of these complaints. Man, some people are REALLY easily offended. My favorite one is the woman who watched a Law & Order SVU in which three children were shot. Then she says:

That made me chuckle enough...then there was this piece of comedy gold:

[​IMG]

Then don't watch that show or any show like it, you dolt. Some people are really just too dumb for their own good.

19. Heilage macrumors 68030

Heilage

Crime happens in crime shows? Who would've thought...

20. macquariumguy macrumors 6502a

South Park is not on a broadcast channel. The FCC has no authority over cable channels.

21. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

When these people are not writing the FCC, they are petitioning their local libraries and schools to get books banned. :eek:

22. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

The Sesame Street complaint was probably about the Katy Perry Episode (possibly NSFW due to page title)

23. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

Here, the BBC has a 15 minute show every Sunday afternoon called "Points of View" where they take viewer's complaints (and complements) and take it to BBC producers etc. It is actually one of the longest running BBC programmes! Probably some requirement they have to keep their funding.

Anyway, I saw one once and someone complained because Crimewatch (a show that asks for help solving crimes) showed a reconstruction with a black man as the criminal. Shocking! Worst part was the BBC exec they interviewed couldn't just say "shut up, you idiot" and had to give some explanation of BBC equality policy.

Some people just have nothing better to do I guess.

24. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

I just throw it into the "it's big governments fault" pile.

25. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Nothing makes me chuckle more than when someone complains about their food as they are shoveling it into their mouth. If it is bad, don't eat it!

The 'whole show' was so bad that I couldn't change the channel!