Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Amethyst

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2006
go to hp workstation we will got

1 Harpertown Xeons
2 Stoakley Seaburg Mother board
3 128 GB Ram Support
4 a new graphics card
5 wireless option

we will get all expect
apple logo at side of a new system

ps. sorry for another useful theads , sorry mr mods , sorry everybody

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
Except the HP cannot run OS X.
Even the most powerful computer in the world is worthless to some people if the OS is crap.

trancepriest

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2007
South Florida
go to hp workstation we will got

1 Harpertown Xeons
2 Stoakley Seaburg Mother board
3 128 GB Ram Support
4 a new graphics card
5 wireless option

we will get all expect
apple logo at side of a new system

ps. sorry for another useful theads , sorry mr mods , sorry everybody

I really don't see why all that matters so much. If you buy a Mac Pro now it costs $1400 for 8GB of RAM... so that would be $5600 for 32GB of RAM. You can upgrade the video card later. There is also a wireless option. Are you going to pay $22,400 for 128GB of RAM?

RichP

macrumors 68000
Jun 30, 2003
Motor City
Even the most powerful computer in the world is worthless to some people if the OS is crap.

And that sums it all up. If we still ran PowerPC, these stupid "The Pro machine is behind the times" threads wouldn't exist.

If you have been waiting since spring to buy a MacPro, you didn't need one to begin with.

benpatient

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2003
If you have been waiting since spring to buy a MacPro, you didn't need one to begin with.

(waiting since spring to buy a mac pro to replace my dual G5)

And that sums it all up. If we still ran PowerPC, these stupid "The Pro machine is behind the times" threads wouldn't exist.

People in North Korea think they live in the best country in the world even though they regularly have to step around people who have died of starvation in the middle of a city street. The "b-b-b-but PPC≠x86" veil has been lifted, and what a surprise, Apple hasn't stepped up to the plate.

I can't wait until someone in china or taiwan or somewhere gets their hands on the boot chip that keeps PCs from running OS X natively and reverse engineers it, develops a PCIe or USB version, and starts selling it on the import boards where you can get xbox mod chips and japanese versions of playstation2 games.

Maybe then Apple won't be able to get away with not updating their BTO options to reflect the industry changes in the last 18 months...

Looks like another few months of waiting in store for us...they'll probably put out another iphone and a few more ipods first, though.

candan9019

macrumors regular
(waiting since spring to buy a mac pro to replace my dual G5)
I can't wait until someone in china or taiwan or somewhere gets their hands on the boot chip that keeps PCs from running OS X natively and reverse engineers it, develops a PCIe or USB version, and starts selling it on the import boards where you can get xbox mod chips and japanese versions of playstation2 games.

osX86
There now go get yourself a PC if you can't wait. I'm sure Apple will release updated Mac Pros around the same time as HP and Dell they just haven't announced it yet which is typical of Apple.

Umbongo

macrumors 601
Sep 14, 2006
England
Enjoy HP's great pricing
wavey.gif

HP xw8400
2x2.66GHz Woodcrest
Nvidia NVS 285 128mb
1GB (2x512mb) FB-DIMM
250GB SATA hard drive
16X DVD +-RW
$3,491

HP xw8400
2x3.00GHz Clovertown
Nvidia NVS 285 128mb
1GB (2x512mb) FB-DIMM
250GB SATA hard drive
16X DVD +-RW
$5,537

Yes HP currently have $500 off both systems, but that is the sort of price difference you will likely still be looking at once both companies have new systems out.

Amethyst

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2006
no i'm not going to buy a mac pro for gaming

i'm a computer engineering student in a developing country that

want a mac pro for my research project for graduate

so i'm not come from a rich family or can make a lot of money from

that system like you guy , then i must to think what is the thing

that make my parent 's money most valuable

i can't bought a system that overprice

i can't use my parent's money to bought curent system

but i want a system that make my idea complete smoothly.

i want the best unix base os like leopard.

in the other hand it like

Too much love , Too much hate

please apple ! please steve jobs

foidulus

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2007

Yeah, but then all the "consumer desktops are behind the times" threads would pop up :p

Is it just me or does this seem like the exact opposite of the last few PPC years. From 2003-2006 the Powermac G5 seemed to get the most love while the consumer machines got almost nothing(worthwhile anyway). Now its the exact opposite, Apple's laptops are among the best around but the pro side is behind the times....

reetcher

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2007

Granted I don't know anything about the underlying architecture of a computer but honestly I never understand all this praise for the operating system. Correct me if I'm wrong but HP does run Adobe suite, Office, & Firefox. The point being I'm on the computer to work & to me that means being within a software program.

Apple for me has been a reliable computer for my small business as I can not afford a full time tech guy - but at the same time I'm not for the HEADACHE that comes with upgrading my OS every few years only to find the stuff I really need the computer to do will no longer work. So Yes I have been waiting to upgrade my workstations until after the Leopard release.

Now Apple has put me and my business in buying hell do I upgrade during the "holiday" season (prior to Dec 31 that I have been planing for) Do I change all my computers over to Windows needing to learn a whole new way of working just so I can have a friggin OS that will run Adobe cs3 - I'm still waiting (I do know next year I will be selling all my Apple stock - I see where this company is going - fads fad)

As for if you haven't bought then you don't need, you sir are somebody's employee! What I don't need is an overpriced toy phone crippled from the start so they can sell version 2, a trendy walkman that can't even read raw files, or the continued WAIT of all the third party software that I do use trying to catch up with Apple's "synergy" of always updating selling you a new box full of OS but I do need a new workstation with Blueray

KiraDouji

macrumors member
reetcher,

No one's forcing you to upgrade your OS. In the time it takes to wait out the initial release and the however long afterward that it takes for software companies to update their products, Apple will still support your current setup. I don't really understand what your point is about this. You get along fine with Tiger now. Why all the stress about upgrading or 'omg, should I get XP instead??'? Just keep doing what you've been doing for another month or so and then upgrade to Leopard, as you seem to have planned... ???

On another note, "HP" doesn't run all of those programs; all of those programs run on Windows. Not as efficiently, and with larger hardware requirements, but they do. The OS is a big deal. Ever had a memory leak on an OSX system? No? You can get it just by putting in any Windows install disk and letting it sit in the tray for a couple of hours. It will cause a memory leak that will make it so no matter what you're doing, eventually your memory is full and your computer will auto-shutdown. Beautiful piece of work, that.

To put it simply; if your OS isn't stable, your computer isn't stable. If your computer isn't stable, you need to hire a Tech if you're going to use it for any amount of serious work.

- Kira

trancepriest

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2007
South Florida
Only $5,499.00... save a dollar. I wonder what you guys think the prices of the new Mac Pro systems will be? These PC sites drive me crazy... is that a 4 core system or 8 core?

krunk

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2004
Granted I don't know anything about the underlying architecture of a computer but honestly I never understand all this praise for the operating system.

Open spotlight. Type "Terminal", open Terminal.

I know, it looks a bit scary. But trust me, what your looking at is raw power.

Now, do this as well:

Open spotlight. Type "Automator", open Automator. Now browse around. Think of some ways you can save yourself hours of tedious, repetitive work with photoshop, mail, just about anything. It doesn't exist? Create one (*hint* that terminal up there or Script Editor can help in this)

So you have both a gui and a non-gui means of automating repetitive tasks, eliminating tedium, and basically getting the bs out of your work day so you can concentrate on the part of work you enjoy. And you can have this easily and with little investment in learning "new things". Even if your not savvy or motivated enough to do this yourself, others have probably done it for you.
For comparison, start up your xp box. Now try to hack out some batch scripts to accomplish the same thing. . .

reetcher

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2007
reetcher,

No one's forcing you to upgrade your OS... Apple will still support your current setup. I don't really understand what your point is about this. You get along fine with Tiger now.

those programs run on Windows. Not as efficiently, and with larger hardware requirements, but they do.

. Ever had a memory leak on an OSX system? No? You can get it just by putting in any Windows install disk and letting it sit in the tray for a couple of hours.

- Kira

"No one is forcing." Except I can't use Adobe cs3 with Panther while I can't use my tethering software with Tiger(an established os) without problems. As you can see part of the dilemma is not even wanting to step in Leopard but needing workstations now.

"those programs run on Windows. Not as efficiently,... but they do." Funny when I started everyone was using Apple now a lot of the companies doing major retouching work have switched, wonder why

memory Leak?!? How about NOT having your software on an ESTABLISHED OS work with a client hovering over your shoulders!!!!!!

I really truly don't want to switch but let's be honest there is a very real reason why I am even considering it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.