Seems like it's about time for Apple....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dirtclod, Aug 8, 2012.

1. dirtclod macrumors member

..... to mysteriously "lose" a prototype next-gen iPhone in a bar in the San Francisco and get the SFPD involved. Great publicity!

On a related note...

I'm watching this whole thing with interest. Last year I really wanted a new 4S but ended up with a Motorola Razr for reasons that are too long to address here. It's OK but nothing I can't live without. So I'm interested in the next gen iPhone.

I signed a new contract with Verizon Wireless when I got the Motorola. Switched from AT&T, which has been great. Love Verizon. Pay less, get better service. What's not to love.

I digress.

When I go to Verizon Wireless online it says i'm eligible for an equipment upgrade next August. So a year from today basically. In fact, I think it is literally one year from today. How closely do they stick to those dates? If I went with a next-gen iPhone would I have to just buy it outright at the unlocked price? Or is an upgrade pro-rated?

In other words, am I stuck with my Motorola for another year if I don't wish to pay full retail for an iPhone?

2. groupersandwich macrumors 6502

My experience with VZW has been that they are very flexible with allowing early upgrades with anything OTHER THAN AN IPHONE. They will stick to the date to the day, minute and second with the iphone and tell you that Apple sets the policy and their hands are tied. As soon as they get that out they'll offer to upgrade you on the spot for the Android device of your choosing. But you can about forget it with the iphone. At least this has been my personal experience. I've even gone to customer retention and threatened to leave and their response has basically been don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

3. infinity12402 macrumors member

They do sometimes allow early upgrades. But I doubt they will give you one a year early. So only thing you can do is pay full price.

4. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

The reason for that being is that it takes a considerably shorter period of a contract to completely pay off an Android handset compared to an iPhone. The average Android handset ranges from $250-$550 while the average iPhone ranges from $650-$850.

5. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor