Seems like Verizon users are a lot more forgiving than AT&T users about iphone.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hcho3, Jan 18, 2011.

1. hcho3 macrumors 68030

When AT&T released iphoen 4 last summer, they allowed users to get it early as long as you are eligible for an upgrade in 2010. That was very nice of them. But, people still screamed and cried that they were not eligible because they weren't eligible until 2011. So, they screamed and bashed AT&T's customer service and networks. blah blah.

Now, it's 2011 and Verizon iphone is here. Verizon just killed early upgrade program. Are they offering early upgrades? No. Are they offering any discounts what so ever? No. And no, that 200 dollars credit from your smartphone is so bogus because you will probably make more money by selling on ebay or craiglist.

Based on my experience, AT&T has been always more open on giving me early upgrades and waiving fees, etc etc. But, I saw so many threads about how annoying AT&T is. But, what I have seen so far with Verizon is so disappointing.
    But, yet.. There aren't many threads about people asking early upgrades to Verizon and I see some threads about paying full price.

So, AT&T users... Why you all always whine so much? And Verizon users...
    Why are u so forgiving on this BS upgrade policy?

2. Apple 26.2, Jan 18, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2011

Apple 26.2 Contributor

Apple 26.2

When I was in the Marines, we had a saying, a commandment almost: "A bitching Marine is a happy Marine." People will whine about whining ... that's just the nature of the beast.

But yeah, you know Verizon is getting ready to cash in any way they can on the upcoming influx of new iPhone accounts. And until consumers vote with their wallets, Verizon (and any other corporation) will not change their ways...

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Oh please, ATT has a much faster network and you can do voice and data at the same time. Verizon sucks man.

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Just what we need, another ATT fanboy. You must love dropped calls and coverage in half the country.

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Yeah, you can buy into all that Verizon hype. I had them for years and I went to ATT. Best move ever. Verizon is a slow ass network and uses CDMA, just like the Chinese communists. Can you hear me now?

6. Apple 26.2 Contributor

Apple 26.2

A network’s coverage, performance and reliability vary greatly depending on region — without exception.

Rdowns: Nice avi. Go J-E-T-S!

7. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

Is it just me or is this kid talking to himself? :confused:

8. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

Everybody complains and whines if they think they have a shot at getting what they want. Makes no difference the product or service. It's why almost every business and corporation you see these days has a large and well stocked customer service department or division.

9. oakie macrumors 6502

oakie

no one is complaining since the phone isnt even up for pre-order yet. once customers find out they're not eligible, the poop will hit the proverbial fan.

this is why Verizon has already offered the $200 buyback program... to appease the early whiners.

but dont expect much bending from Verizon beyond that. they know they're the nation's largest carrier with much higher customer satisfaction than AT&T, and their attitude will simply be, "that's too bad. you can go try AT&T." as for the concentration of whiners on AT&T, it's simply because they've bred a culture of whiners on their network with their Verizon-like prices but without the Verizon-like investment in their network.

and the wave of Apple product owners are generally spoiled brats with entitlement issues who whine too much anyways. they think by spending more on a Mac than a PC entitles them to more than just good service... they expect the consumer equivalent of a happy ending like they're single-handedly giving Apple record-breaking sales with their iPhone bumper purchase.

(aint trolling. just what i've observed since the growth in new Apple product owners. besides, if you refute my points with reckless, emotional abandon, you only serve to prove my point.)

10. oakie macrumors 6502

oakie

i made the assumption that he's just trying to get all the emotional fanboy comments posted up before the real, "logically challenged" members start posting. [​IMG]

11. apmorency macrumors regular

No it's not you.

Not only is he replying to himself but he bashed himself as an att fan boy and then said going to att was the best move he ever made....:p

12. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Time will tell if AT&T continues their generous policies now that there is competition for the iPhone. Like rats, the wireless carriers move in packs.

13. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

All it means that each carrier has their own benefits and downsides. For some people, the benefits they get might overlook the downsides and vice versa.

14. Primejimbo, Jan 18, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2011

Primejimbo macrumors 68040

When I had Verizon a few times I had issues with a few phones and they let me upgrade early a few times and were very helpful.
    at&t also been helpful with my daughters phone, I think it's how you talk and approach customer service. I never raise my voice at them and talk with respect. I am learning now a days people feel things should be given to them no matter what...... entitled to them, even if they were idiots and dropped their phone, they should get a new phone. Oh and not a refurbished one either a brand new one, and when they don't get what they want they bash that company.
    :rolleyes:

15. TimShady macrumors member

Did ATT offer an early upgrade to iPhone 4 because they're so nice and generous or because they knew they'd be loosing exclusivity and wanted to lock as many people as possible into 2 more years?

Verizon isn't doing an early upgrade because they know they don't have to. Enough people have been waiting so long for a Verizon iPhone that they'll be getting it no matter what. Verizon knows that.

It's just business as far as I'm concerned. And yes, I am biased towards Verizon. I switched from ATT several years ago and have had much better service. Your milage may vary.

16. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

At&t did the same thing when the 3GS came out, made everyone that was eligible by October 2009 eligible to get it at launch.

17. tnisatard macrumors 6502

cosign

Verizon is definitely more stingy

18. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Wait till February 10th or a few more weeks past and we'll see if they will offer something like early upgrades etc...
    There should be plenty of complaining and crying over people having to pay $649 and $749 for an iphone.

19. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

I think rdowns is suffering from MPD. :confused:

• AT&T users were bitching because they were used to past deals on the iPhone
    • Verizon users have had no such deals on the iPhone to have expectations...most are just happy to get it
    • There will still be lots of bitching and moaning...but perhaps not as much
    • Verizon is not trying to lock in their users from churning like AT&T was trying to so they have no reason to offer an early upgrade

20. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

Definitely. People keep sayin Network A is better than V. Or V better than A. Because coverage varies a lot by region. For example where I live ATT has excellent coverage while Verizon has zero coverage. If I lived someware Else it could be the reverse.

It is great to have choice. Verizon carrying the iPhone will be good to us ATT users as well; now that there is competition there's going to be a price war and both networks will be trying to offer better services.

21. bergmef macrumors 6502a

In my case, I signed a contract and no one had a gun to my head. If they want to give me something, I'll take it. But I stand behind what I signed, why whine?

22. wpotere Guest

Never had a problem with AT&T in Massachusetts but here in Maryland it has been nothing but problems. Dropped calls and voice mail messages that take several days to arrive are just some of the problems so am I considering the jump? Yep and to be totally honest, I won't miss the fact that you can't do data and voice on Verizons network. All that will change with LTE anyway.

23. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I lol'd at this.

24. Olivia23 macrumors 6502a

Olivia23

rdowns - are you not taking your mental health meds?

25. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

ummm, so the pressure is finally getting to him and he's calling himself an ATT fanboy :confused:

Just ignore those voices in your head :p