seems to feel kind of slow, or is it just me?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by djvic87, Jul 8, 2009.

1. djvic87 macrumors regular

I just noticed that my umbp is kind of slow. For example, safari used to load up less than a second. Now it takes about two to four bounces. Then, it will take 1 second to start up. On Firefox, it usually takes 5 to 6 bounces to start up as well. Could there be alot going on through my activity monitor?

2. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Maybe you should check...how would we know what is happening in your activity monitor. Feel free to post results.

3. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

I don't know, why don't you check? :p

Try repairing permissions as well. That might speed it up a bit. Or run Onyx to to a bunch of cleaning stuff, preferably over night since it takes a while.

Hope that helps

4. djvic87 thread starter macrumors regular

here you go

Attached Files:

5. Frosties macrumors 6502a

Frosties

Of your 2GB RAM you have SWT taking 1.36GB with 96 treads. What is that?

6. MacAndy74 macrumors 65816

Seems to me like a Java based Torrent client maybe? :eek:

7. John89 macrumors regular

Azureus/Vuze!!!! Ahhhh!!

That program will quite happily devour all of your computers resources!! I used to use it, but because it kept using using a substantial amount of CPU and RAM I got rid of it. I'm using Transmission at the moment. Very lightweight, never really noticed it in my activity monitor because it uses so little.

+1 on what DeusInvictus7 said!

8. djvic87 thread starter macrumors regular

O ok. Yeah that's Azureus for torrents lol. But even if I don't have Azureus opened, safari will still open after one bounce or a second later than being less than a second. I don't know if its me, but I remember safari shoot up less than second.

Also, I get kind of annoyed with dashboard, it seems to choke up whenever I click it.