Seen Digidesigns site? Intel,xp,sony

fourthtunz

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 23, 2002
Maine
Whats up with The Digidesign site trumpeting their new 002 with xp.sony and intel? It's just that I find it ironic that firewire came from the Mac, the Mac is the dominant computer by far, to use
Protools on and Digi has picked these 3 to runwith?
Weird.
Daniel:confused:

nuckinfutz

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2002
Middle Earth
Microsoft has invested in Avid

Digi's parent company.

It doesn't matter though because Digi's days are numbered in regards to Native Systems becoming more flexible and powerful. In 5 more years Native Systems will be able to accomplish everything Digi does without the expenditure of buying into dedicated Digi hardware.

fourthtunz

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 23, 2002
Maine
Re: Microsoft has invested in Avid

Originally posted by nuckinfutz
Digi's parent company.

It doesn't matter though because Digi's days are numbered in regards to Native Systems becoming more flexible and powerful. In 5 more years Native Systems will be able to accomplish everything Digi does without the expenditure of buying into dedicated Digi hardware.
Yes and I'm sure Digi will be there. I think alot of people really don't understand that when you record music for a living that its worth paying the extra for stability, integration,the best tools and right now it is still the #1 Daw in the world. The native tools will work for editing but you really can't do a full project,due latency and power. Believe me I am ready for something less expensive!
Ensoniq came out with a great system called paris, which I owned but the price point was so low they couldn't make money and went kaput! Who knows I may end up on a Logic system!
I forgot MS invested in Avid, makes Apples Logic purchase well, more logical! Peace
Daniel

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.