Sega Genesis/Mega-Drive Mini

hawkeye_a

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 27, 2016
Sega seems to have gone all out with this product and done a very good job with the emulation. Early reviews are saying that it's the best mini classic console so far as well. They've even got miniature versions of the add-ons (32X, Sega CD) to go along with this mini classic!

For those who are interested, there seems to be four regional variations; US, Japan, Europe and Asia. The game lists differ and for some baffling reason Sonic1 isn't on the Japanese console....go figure.

Want!!

I think it comes out on September 19, 2019.

Reactions: scottcampbell

scottcampbell

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2017
I grew up with the Genesis!
However, I'm not chomping at the bit to get this console... I think it's because Genesis games have been so. widely. available! In the past decade there have been a dozen collections and groups of ports.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"My Own Private Idaho”
I ended up with just getting the new Hyperkin Mega - works great and has a cart slot!

The only Genesis games I'm interested in playing are the original carts I bought back in the day...

opeter

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2007
Slovenia, EU
I did buy one Mega Drive mini on this Friday (15 November 2019). So far, very good. The selection of games is very solid, in my opinion much better, than that of Nintendo SNES mini.

But I won't deny, that I am secretly waiting for someone to make a hack, so that I can upload additional games to it :)