SEIDIO innocase II and www.mobilefun.co.uk.... (UK people)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jabingla2810, Dec 5, 2009.

1. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

This is for everyone, but mainly UK people because I bought this case from www.mobilefun.co.uk

I've had the incase slider for a while, and its great while its on the phone. However removing the case makes me nervous because it has scratched the back of my phone slightly.... only once however, but it still makes me cautious when removing the case.

I decided to order myself a seidio case, mainly because of the felt lining.
    I ordered from mobilefun, and it arrived really quickly.

However....i’ve been reading this forum, and watching youtube videos, and there seem to be some fake ones going around, so I made notes of what the packaging should look like.... and that all the letters on the back should be in capitals etc.

Imagine my surprise when this is what I received in the post this morning.
    Bearing in mind after delivery this cost me around £20

The plastic is really cheap feeling, and has rough edges all over it. It’s hard to show in pictures because my camera isnt with me right now so I’ve used my iphone.

I’m sending it back because for the money, it just seems like such a cheap product.

Now i'm not saying the Seidio Innocase II is a bad case... it looks like a great case, however the one I received, fake or not, just wasn’t up to scratch and arrived with NO packaging or box, or anything... well you can see in the pictures below.

Just some information for the UK people who wanted this case, and were thinking of ordering from mobilefun.... :)

Picture 1) As it arrived in its 'box'
    Picture 2) plastic around camera hole
    Picture 3) All capital letters
    Picture 4) Felt lining not on correctly, its folded onto itself and causing a decent sized lump you can feel with your finger

Attached Files:

2. jabingla2810 thread starter macrumors 68020

Couple more pictures before I post it back

Maybe i'm being far too anal... but just doesnt seem like a quality product to me.

Once again, i'm sure this case is a good case.... but the one i received from www.mobilefun.co.uk just seems to be a bad one.

You can see how the plastic goes from matt to 'shiney' throughout the inside of the case at random.

Attached Files:

3. dread macrumors 6502a

looks just like my case. Its normal, I think the fakes have lower case letters. My camera opening is the same way and fitment isn't perfect. Its a plastic case what do you expect exactly

4. Train13 macrumors newbie

Same

I bought 2 directly from SEIDIO website and they are the same on the inside. They both have that shinny part with the matte.

5. eron macrumors 6502

I have 2 innocases. The older one doesn't have a plastic at the exposed logo area. However, it's a better fit, cut and look.

The IPH3G is also more subtle.

6. Hawkwind macrumors member

Mobilefun do not sell fakes. I have purchased 4 Seidio Innocase II's from them... one for me, a 3 for other's who were so impressed with my original one that they asked me to buy for them.

I did get one from ebay initially and this was a fake... pretty easy to spot once you have one, poor fit as well.

Maybe you got a poor example of Seidio Innocase, but it isn't a fake.