Select numbers suddenly stopped receiving my texts for no reason (iPhone 4 & 5)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Airplane, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Airplane macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I'm having a problem with select numbers not receiving my text messages while I'm still able to receive theirs. In late 2010 I got my first iPhone (an iPhone 4) along with a new number, which I had until November 2012 when I replaced it with an iPhone 5, continuing to use the same number. From around August 2012 (when I was still using my iPhone 4) a number I had been texting without any problems ever since I'd first gotten the phone stopped receiving my text messages. The messages supposedly sent without any problems, and I could still receive this number's messages. I could also still phone them and vice versa. The problem with this number continued even after I'd gotten my iPhone 5, though I wasn't particularly fussed because I don't need to text that number very much and when I do can easily call them instead. However then a week ago a number I text all the time and again, have been texting ever since I got my iPhone 4 (and thus the number I am presently using) stopped receiving my text messages. Same situation as with the first number that stopped receiving my texts - messages supposedly sent through fine, I could still receive their messages and we could both still call each other. I text this number all the time and need to be able to though so unlike the first number that stopped receiving my texts I can't just let this go.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do? Has anyone else had this happen to them?

2. Airplane thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Squilly macrumors 68020

Squilly

Best advice: change your number or call your carrier.

4. Airplane thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your reply Squilly :) The number that stopped receiving my texts a week ago received them all at once today and is now receiving my texts normally, really weird. The first number that stopped receiving my texts still isn't receiving them but oh well, as I said in my original post I don't care too much about that number not receiving my texts as we rarely communicate via texts anyway. So, very strange but thankfully resolved! Hopefully it doesn't happen again or with anymore numbers, I will definitely contact my carrier if that happens.