Sell iPhone 4S now or after iPhone 5S announcement

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by demapples28, Jun 4, 2013.

1. demapples28 macrumors newbie

Hello,

I know this might have been asked but i was just curious what you guys think. Basically if i trade in my 32 gb iphone 4s to best buy I can get the iphone 5 for free and then some. I can also wait to sell it after the iphone 5s comes out but I would rather get a free phone then pay for one down the road even if it is a little better. What do you guys think? I noticed the iphone 4s hasn't really been going for too much online and I expect that to drop even more when the new one is announced. Any help would be appreciated?

2. kiddk1 macrumors regular

Or you could sell your 4s yourself and get much more than the 200 bb is giving you, hell ill give you 200 for your 4s.

3. demapples28 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I know selling yourself yields more money but to my surprise they were not going for as much as I expected and I assume its only going to get lower as it gets closer to the new one being released.

4. Pharmscott macrumors 6502a

Pharmscott

Best Buy is giving you $150 (I think) for your phone and a $50 discount on a new IP5. But, isn't that for a 16gb phone? Can you handle that downgrade in size for a slightly better phone?

Also, as kiddk1 said, that's not an awesome deal. Gazelle will give you $210 for a "good" condition 32gb AT&T iP4s.

Having said all of that, if you just want it, go for it. You'll enjoy the newness!

5. demapples28 thread starter macrumors newbie

I can handle the downgrade in size especially since I won't have to pay anything for the new iphone. Thanks for your input!

6. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

i would heavily suggest selling the 4S on your own, as you will usually yield $100 more than most places are willing to offer in trade-in. i wouldnt think about trade in given the horrible prices they are offering these days. it may take a little more effort on your part, but definitely a much better choice if you can do it.

7. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

not quite. i always perform a full DFU restore, set up as new then the key is to unassociate the phone from youre apple ID account. you can do this by going into itunes by viewing your account and clicking on manage devices. remove the phone from there and you should be all good. for good measure, manually log out of all icloud/itunes/apple ID accounts on the phone prior to restoring as new. after that, you should be all set.

8. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

OP, sounds like you are decided. People tell you you can get more from a third party (In my area, they seem to be going for $300-350 right now), you justify that away. They tell you 16GB is a downgrade, you justify that away.

Yes, go with the Best Buy deal. It's awesome!

There ya go. You got some reinforcement, like I assume you wanted. :)

9. forza69 macrumors 6502a

forza69

Just sold my 32GB 4S on craigslist for $280. Not bad considering I got it at launch and the home button kinda sucked.

10. teribithia macrumors member

teribithia

As soon as possible, the digital product price will reduce as the time. Sold it in ebay

11. gniss39 macrumors regular