Sell it on Craigslist

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by surfologist87, Sep 15, 2012.

1. surfologist87 macrumors 6502

If i do not feel like keeping the 5, about how much can i expect to get from a sale on craigslist for a new/unused iPhone 5.
    16, 32 or 64 prices should be at what? And will black or white make a difference?

2. Briview macrumors regular

Every year, I sell my current-gen iPhone (it's always the base model in black) on craigslist/eBay/Amazon for roughly $500, a month or so before the keynote event for the next iPhone happens, so I can get the new one and use it for another 10-11 months. I think these have the best resale value since they have the highest demand (black and 16 GB). With multiple carriers, things are different now.

The iPhone 4 is worth more on AT&T than on Verizon because of the GSM vs. CDMA differences (no SIM card slot on the latter model).

The 4S is a world phone either way, so you'll end up with similar resale figures.

The 5 is interesting. The Verizon iPhone is the best world phone. However, you can't use it with T-Mobile, while you will be able to with the AT&T model. Most people buying iPhones second-hand are either interested in international travel or T-Mobile (at least from my experience) and so we can expect interesting values for the Verizon and AT&T models, most likely identical because of their individual key advantages.

I went with Verizon for the first time with this one because I personally think it'll have higher resale price than the AT&T model. International usage is a big deal to buyers, more so than T-Mobile, from what I've seen. And I expect to sell it for $460-$510 in August time-frame if not earlier relative to rumors. Hope that helps.