Sell my 17" 2.8 ghz MBP for 27" 2.8 I7

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by lca355, Oct 20, 2009.

1. lca355 macrumors member

Hi all,
    Bought my 17" 2.8 MBP 320 GB hd, a couple of months ago and I do really like it, but the screen vs size resolution is a bit hard on the eyes in apps like imovie and iphoto, etc. This is just my personal machine and I don't travel much. I am really considering selling my current machine and going w/ a 27" MBP. With the I7 quad core I think that's only going to get better as software comes out to take better use of those cores. I'm just looking for opinions. I know I could just get an external monitor, but it seems like I could come close to covering the purchase cost of the 27 imac by selling the mbp. Mac2sell gave a value for my mbp of $1850, but I think that's pretty low as mine has primarily sat on my desk since i got it. Refurbs were going in the apple store for $2099 on 17 mbp 2.8 w/ 500 GB hard drive. We get a little epp discount through work on the new 27" imacs, I priced one for $2079 w/ 2.8 i7, so tempted. What do you guys think?

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

If you can get that for your MacBook Pro go for it. If you look at the price of what they sell for, you will realize that it has become a struggle. If the notebook sits on your desk though, I'd get a desktop, but, the struggle of selling it is going to be a problem.

3. stever500 macrumors regular

I agree. I would take that money and run with it! Get the new 27" then.