iPad Sell my iPad 32gb 4th genration for Nexus 7 2 and iPod

Discussion in 'iPad' started by narutoninjakid, Jul 10, 2013.

1. narutoninjakid macrumors 6502

Ive had my iPad 4 for a while and I was recently thinking if I should sell it. I heard the Nexus 7 2 is coming out soon and it should really be a great device and i was also looking into getting a iPod touch 5th generation. I've noticed that in terms of use I really use my iPad to watch netflix and look at documents and the Nexus 7 2 will do this just fine. But in terms of apps i use and jailbreak tweaks some don't really get released all that often in comparison to the iPhone 5 and iPod touch 5th generation so I was just thinking to sell it know while its value is still good before the 5th generation comes out. Its still practically brand new so i should get a pretty good price ? What do you guys think ? :confused::confused::confused:

2. tazz3 macrumors regular

Keep the iPad 4 android stinks stay way you will regret it

3. narutoninjakid thread starter macrumors 6502

Have an android phone its not that bad really when in terms of phones but tablets lack app support in my opinion and build quality

4. Ann P macrumors 68020

Why? I don't get the point of selling and the getting a Nexus + iPod? If you were trying to sell early for the iPad 5, then that's a different story.

5. temna macrumors 6502a

temna

Interesting, I have read about a lot of issues with the Nexus 7. That they fail early due to cheap flash chips. Plus, it seems like every six months there is a huge exploit found in Android. I wouldn't trust this Nexus 7.2.

6. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I have an iPad Mini and had I bough the Mini before I bought a Nexus 7, I would not have a Nexus 7 today. I love my iPad 100 times more then that Nexus 7.

7. madgibbon macrumors member

While the Nexus 7 (and I'm sure the 2nd gen will be too) is an excellent, great value device I think you will miss the iPad.

I sold my iPad 3 a few months back and purchased a Nexus 7. After a couple of weeks I really missed the iPad. The Nexus was great device, but battery life didn't come close to the iPad, it was responsive most of the time rather than all the time like the iPad, the quality of tablet apps is still lacking (but getting better). The 16:9 screen either makes websites and documents squashed, even worse when the keyboard is displayed, or long and narrow.

Don't get me wrong I'm no fanboy of any product and like Android just as much as iOS, my Nexus 4 is great. However out of all the tablets of used, which is a lot, I still think the iPad is best.

I now have an iPad 4 by the way.

8. narutoninjakid thread starter macrumors 6502

You guys are right I'll sell my ipad 4 before September to get the second gen mini and probably get an ipod 5th Gen or a bad ESN iphone 5.

9. narutoninjakid thread starter macrumors 6502

After reading many reviews and complaints I'm gonna skip on a Nexus 7 2 and get a iphone 5 with bad ESN and a iPad mini

10. AppleRobert macrumors 603

You are in the wrong place asking about the Nexus 7. It was voted best small tablet even after the Mini was released.

Mine started to bog down a bit it and I just restored it and I just monitored it more after installing apps. It now runs like a top.

The jury is not even out yet on the N7 second gen. Do not make any hasty decisions. And the ip5s is right around the corner so why not wait and see how it pans out as well.

11. narutoninjakid thread starter macrumors 6502

True but most people always give it best choice because of its price

12. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Yes to some extent but it smokes the mini in just about every way possible regarding specs, that is the biggest reason. It is not optimized for tablet apps though and the screen real estate is a minus. Still it gets the nod.

But don't get sucked into drinking the koolaid that is passed around on this part of the forum.

13. narutoninjakid thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok thanks

14. mantan macrumors 68000

I had the Nexus 7 first.....used it on and off, but never really dug it. Sold it, bought the Mini and never looked back. I love it 100 times more than the Nexus and use it a lot more.

I'd told myself a tablet was a tablet....but I enjoy the Mini a LOT more.

15. Rodster macrumors 68040

Well said. I own a Nexus 7 and it's a solid tablet. Some have had success with wiping out the data cache partition on the N7 when things bog down a bit. I own several iPads and they get the most use. But when it comes to an Android tablet nothing competes with the N7 or N10 for price performance ratio.

16. narutoninjakid thread starter macrumors 6502

Since their are various rumors that the iPad mini with retina display will come out later than fall I will sell my ipad 4 before the 5 comes out then I'll use the money to purchase the iPad 5 when the new retina mini comes out I'll just sell the 5 to get it and whatever iPod is out at the time.

17. Breaking Good macrumors 6502a

Where are the rumors about a second gen Nexus 7? I have not seen any? When is it expected to be released?

18. Breaking Good macrumors 6502a

Well a little Googling and I answered my own question. Looks like the Nexus 7 2 is due out July 31st.

Looking the rumored specs, I can't see how this is going to compete with the iPad Mini. At $299, that puts it way too close to a refurbed iPad Mini. Yeah, the specs are better, but the iPad has a much more solid track record.

19. Zerilos macrumors 6502a

20. tazz3 macrumors regular

I had an android tablet for a year no good so I got the ipad4

21. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

I would keep the iPad. I used iPhones until last year. I got a galaxy note, a Samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 and a nexus 7. I had to get an iPad mini and an iPod touch 5th generation just to be able to get a decent experience. Android tablets don't compare to iPads IMO. My nexus 7 was laggy, rebooted itself a lot and I didn't like the screen. I've still got my galaxy tab but I only use it for watching videos because the screen is bigger than my ipad mini.

22. Slugo macrumors newbie

Slugo

I have both. The Nexus 7 is pretty good but by no means comes close to the iPad, IMO...

23. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

I have a N7 16Gb that I got NIB for $168 and an iPad3 64Gb w/ cellular that I got NIB for $716 = both were purchases when the newer models came out...they both work well and for the prices I liked the deals when I got them.

My N7 will run my NFL package where the iPad won't...and I luv my football season!

Overall, I grab the iPad more but the N7 is convenient and I didn't want to spend that much for an iPad mini when I already had the full size iPad.

24. blkjedi954 macrumors member

blkjedi954

I beg to differ. I bought a Nexus 7 after reading many positive reviews and only a few negative reviews, but within a month it failed on me. Can't tell you what happened. I'm a tech freak and protect my devices, whether iOS or Android, with the utmost care. I sent it off and got it back and two months later it failed again. I have both Apple and Android products and the Nexus 7, for me, was to be the best in terms of price to value. But again i was disappointed. In the tablet world, I'll stick with Apple. I had an S3 but that too let me down. I had one 16GB version that died just under a year after purchase. Never had these kinds of issues with any Apple product. Not saying Android is bad, just make sure to review the manufacturer before purchase. Samsung phones are admittedly better nowadays, too many vulnerabilities for my taste. Nexus tabs I won't use until there build quality has improved. I'm forced unto the Apple bandwagon by the disappointments I've experienced with other products, not to say I don't like Apple. I like whoever makes a premium product that lives up to cost and Apple has done so consistently. Android is a nice operating system, you just gotta becareful of which device its been loaded onto!

25. Brittany246 macrumors 6502a

I've realized in the past year of owning the Nexus 7 that when comparing iOS and Android devices it's usually pointless to compare specs. The specs are way better on my Nexus 7, but my brother's iPad Mini is smoother, and it loads apps/games way faster. The only thing that really matters is real world use.