Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mixart

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
I'm in a very difficult situation. I have just got into a very good graphic design school in Denmark and we are 60 new students. They offer a late 2013 RMBP 2.6GHz, 512GB SSD, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M and a Incase City Collection bag, Apple Wireless Magic Mouse and a Wacom Intuos Pen Small USB.

It also includes Adobe CC, Dragonframe, Aardman, Disney, Universal Type Server fonts, 4 years warranty, automatic backup, going online and use the schools printer. If there is something wrong with the RMBP I can get a loan laptop until mine is fixed. All this for about $3100 spread over three years, but all the Software and fonts will be deleted after I graduate.

Last year I bought the RMBP 15" 2.0Ghz, 256GB SSD, 16GB RAM, Iris PRO and I already have a Apple Wireless Magic Mouse and a Wacom Intuos5 Touch. And I already have paid for Adobe CC with student discount for a year.

If I use my own I'm depending on a student and use his computer for printing my files and I can only go online, when using my mobile data. And I get no loan laptop, if my own laptop breaks.

All the other have already said yes to this and I can't desire.
What would you have done? I can't think of, that the RMBP is from 2013 but still new of course and my IT teacher says my own will be to slow for Premiere Pro and After Effects.

mixart

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
How much do you think you can get for your machine in DK?

Maybe about 10.000 in danish kr. I paid 15.400 kr. for mine and it will cost 23.500 kr. for what the school offers.

MCAsan

macrumors 601
Jul 9, 2012
Atlanta
Go for the student package and carefully sell the existing one. Look at ebay for reference prices for the machine. Also check with authorized Apple dealers to see if they will make you an offer. Another student may also want your machine for someone else in their family.

mixart

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
I'm sorry. They Chosen the 2.3Ghz and upgraded to 2.6Ghz, so the price are more like $3300. I don't know if it makes a different.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.