selling 5's on ebay

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WindowsTraitor, Sep 23, 2012.

1. WindowsTraitor macrumors regular

i need to get more traffic on my ebay auctions. the 32s att are still at 800. I do not mind 800, but I would like to get more.

any suggestions from the pros?

2. ElZeus macrumors regular

3. WindowsTraitor thread starter macrumors regular

60$ added to cost, not sure if i'll get back the money, but i;; probably do it on the ones I am keeping later on if i need to go overseas.

4. JokerD macrumors member

I don't know of any trick to get more traffic to your listings, but it's getting harder to turn as big a profit. You used to get the most $ from European buyers that weren't able to get them as early. Apple is releasing to more countries at the same time now, so no need to pay a premium on Ebay. Also, it doesn't seem that unlocking will help much since the At&t frequency for LTE is different from Europe, so they won't get a 4G LTE phone even if unlocked. At $800, you'll turn approx. $375 profit after all fees, which isn't bad.

5. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Lol that's hilarious. The phone supports all the LTE bands in the listed countries. It isn't like a separate model is made for each carrier...

6. WindowsTraitor thread starter macrumors regular

What I was always complaining about, is going against me now. I always thought that if apple was able to release more products through the normal channels they would have had much higher profits. Now Tim Listened to me and I do not make a profit lol.

I am not even a scalper lol, I am selling it below MSRP. OMG

if you count an early termination fee ( i am not canceling the lines) of 325$, that is 0 in profit....

I guess I am just happy that I can pay a couple of months of the Att bill, and have the new phone for free.

7. Mr Hill macrumors 6502

Yeah and Apple has also improved greatly when it comes to launch day supply. I remember how some people were paying over $1000 for 16GB iPhone 4's because there was such a shortage. Apple makes sure to have plenty of stock to go around these days.

8. 1080p macrumors 68020

1080p

Uh... there are three model numbers.

The one that AT&T carries DOESN'T support European LTE frequencies. It does support Canada and I believe Japan.

The Verizon version DOES support European LTE frequencies, but NOT Canada or Japan.

Both support HSPA+ worldwide.

9. xofruitcake macrumors 6502a

Heh heh, there are three different version of Iphone 5 with each one support different set of countries. ATT version only run on Canada. Spint and Verizon one can only run on KDDI japan. Germany, UK, Austrilia, Softbank Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore has their own version of Iphone 5. And yes different carrier use different version of Iphone (just like US)

http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

10. WindowsTraitor thread starter macrumors regular

the fact I was able to get 4 phones on launch day at 5:30pm (walk ins ) should have rang a warning bell for me.

It looks like they also improved the manufacturing process. According to another thread the earliest production week is week 34. SOme people have week 37.

In 3 weeks they were able to pump out 2millions Apple only + all the other retailers.

That is supply chain working at its best.

Nevertheless, If a samsung lawsuit, or any manufacturing problems should occur, prices may go up. I do not want to take the risk.

11. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

So you bought a bunch to try and profit on ebay and got burned, just like people who tried to do the same last year when the 4S and iPad supply chains were good enough.

12. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Correct. Canada and Japan gets the AT&T version. Europe gets the Verizon version with CDMA disabled.

13. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Wow sorry, my fault, that sucks.