Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WindowsTraitor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 31, 2008
i need to get more traffic on my ebay auctions. the 32s att are still at 800. I do not mind 800, but I would like to get more.

any suggestions from the pros?

JokerD

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2008
i need to get more traffic on my ebay auctions. the 32s att are still at 800. I do not mind 800, but I would like to get more.

any suggestions from the pros?

I don't know of any trick to get more traffic to your listings, but it's getting harder to turn as big a profit. You used to get the most $ from European buyers that weren't able to get them as early. Apple is releasing to more countries at the same time now, so no need to pay a premium on Ebay. Also, it doesn't seem that unlocking will help much since the At&t frequency for LTE is different from Europe, so they won't get a 4G LTE phone even if unlocked. At $800, you'll turn approx. $375 profit after all fees, which isn't bad.

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011
I don't know of any trick to get more traffic to your listings, but it's getting harder to turn as big a profit. You used to get the most $ from European buyers that weren't able to get them as early. Apple is releasing to more countries at the same time now, so no need to pay a premium on Ebay. Also, it doesn't seem that unlocking will help much since the At&t frequency for LTE is different from Europe, so they won't get a 4G LTE phone even if unlocked. At $800, you'll turn approx. $375 profit after all fees, which isn't bad.

Lol that's hilarious. The phone supports all the LTE bands in the listed countries. It isn't like a separate model is made for each carrier...

WindowsTraitor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 31, 2008
What I was always complaining about, is going against me now. I always thought that if apple was able to release more products through the normal channels they would have had much higher profits. Now Tim Listened to me and I do not make a profit lol.

I am not even a scalper lol, I am selling it below MSRP. OMG

if you count an early termination fee ( i am not canceling the lines) of 325$, that is 0 in profit....

I guess I am just happy that I can pay a couple of months of the Att bill, and have the new phone for free.

Mr Hill

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Yeah and Apple has also improved greatly when it comes to launch day supply. I remember how some people were paying over $1000 for 16GB iPhone 4's because there was such a shortage. Apple makes sure to have plenty of stock to go around these days.

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
Lol that's hilarious. The phone supports all the LTE bands in the listed countries. It isn't like a separate model is made for each carrier...

Uh... there are three model numbers.

The one that AT&T carries DOESN'T support European LTE frequencies. It does support Canada and I believe Japan.

The Verizon version DOES support European LTE frequencies, but NOT Canada or Japan.

Both support HSPA+ worldwide.

xofruitcake

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2012

Heh heh, there are three different version of Iphone 5 with each one support different set of countries. ATT version only run on Canada. Spint and Verizon one can only run on KDDI japan. Germany, UK, Austrilia, Softbank Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore has their own version of Iphone 5. And yes different carrier use different version of Iphone (just like US)

http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

WindowsTraitor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 31, 2008
Yeah and Apple has also improved greatly when it comes to launch day supply. I remember how some people were paying over $1000 for 16GB iPhone 4's because there was such a shortage. Apple makes sure to have plenty of stock to go around these days.

the fact I was able to get 4 phones on launch day at 5:30pm (walk ins ) should have rang a warning bell for me.

It looks like they also improved the manufacturing process. According to another thread the earliest production week is week 34. SOme people have week 37.

In 3 weeks they were able to pump out 2millions Apple only + all the other retailers.

That is supply chain working at its best.

Nevertheless, If a samsung lawsuit, or any manufacturing problems should occur, prices may go up. I do not want to take the risk.

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ

The one that AT&T carries DOESN'T support European LTE frequencies. It does support Canada and I believe Japan.

The Verizon version DOES support European LTE frequencies, but NOT Canada or Japan.

Correct. Canada and Japan gets the AT&T version. Europe gets the Verizon version with CDMA disabled.

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011

Heh heh, there are three different version of Iphone 5 with each one support different set of countries. ATT version only run on Canada. Spint and Verizon one can only run on KDDI japan. Germany, UK, Austrilia, Softbank Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore has their own version of Iphone 5. And yes different carrier use different version of Iphone (just like US)

http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

Wow sorry, my fault, that sucks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.