Selling a launch day 2G iPhone on ebay, have a $$$ offer from an international buyer

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by St. Germain, Jul 23, 2009.

1. St. Germain macrumors 6502

An international buy is offering $300 OVER the "Buy it Now" price and want to pay $500 for it. Right now the auction is set to no international buyers. Obviously we're very hesitant and skeptical. Does anyone know why anyone would pay that much? And what should we do to ensure that we're not being scammed? Is there a "safe" payment method we should use? We normally use Paypal and only ship when we've received payment, etc.

2. smswetz macrumors newbie

Where is he from? If he's asking you to send it to his son at school, don't do it.

3. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

Wirelessly posted (BB 8900: BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.250 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/301)

Scam. Hands down. If you are set to no international bids, then it would be an off-ebay transaction. After you cancel the auction and some dinking around, they will try to send you a fake email or come up with some story...

4. St. Germain thread starter macrumors 6502

:) My wife just sent me his email message...after seeing it there's no doubt it's a scam. I just found it amusing that I'd read your post right before seeing the email.

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

$500 is twice what it is actually worth. Sounds like a scam; just be careful of the fake PayPal email saying "take your iPhone item and ship UPS International" and according to the email, your money is being held in your PayPal account and that this email is confirming that transaction. "Upon receipt of your iPhone's UPS shipping/tracking number, your funds will be released." Now, say goodbye to your iPhone and the money you spent to ship it overseas.....Don't get SCAMMED!!!:eek::eek::eek:

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod