Selling Contract and unlocking iphone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ruhhr, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Ruhhr macrumors newbie

To the MR Mods, I am not advertising or trying to sell here on the forums, but merely ask those who have done this for advice.

How do I do this? Here is my plan:

- Get into either ATT, Sprint or Verizon Wireless.

-Then get the phone and if it doesn't work well, sell my contract to someone.

:I've heard and seen online that you can sell off your contract to someone, if so how?

-Then after that is done, unlock the phone to Boost Mobile
    :Will ipohone 4 8g go onto the Boost Mobile carrier? Do I need a sim card?

2. as0016 macrumors regular

None of the above works. You don't sell your contract to anyone else, you simply end your contract with an early termination fee. No iphone is going to work on Boost Mobile...at least not until they release one of their own.

If you want to use boost, use Virgin Mobile instead and either get a 4 or 4s or wait for them to release the 5...you'll pay full price for the device, but save over the two years big time.

3. Ruhhr thread starter macrumors newbie

You actually can sell your contract to someone, I've read it up online & I know that part is true.

4. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

1) Purchase phone at carrier x
    2) After using the phone (within the allotted time for return without eft) you decide you are not happy with either the phone or the service.
    3) Return phone to carrier x

No need to try and find someone to buy your contract. It makes no sense (to me) that you would want to enter into a brand new contract, and then turn right around and try and sell to someone else, unless you were hoping to try and make some kind of profit from the transaction.

5. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

just call the carrier and ask to transfer billing responsibility. tell them the persons name, that person calls/goes to store (depending on carrier) to complete.

most carriers let you cancel your contract and return the phone etf free 14 days