Selling iPhone 4 in preparation for 5.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by theconley, Sep 9, 2012.

1. theconley macrumors newbie

Hey everyone, I found a site where i can get around $160 for my current iPhone 4 16GB on Verizon. I was wondering what is the latest I should sell it before the price goes down, which I assume will be soon due to the 5's announcement. Once I sell it I'll be without a phone until October 7th, unless I can convince Verizon to let me get an early early upgrade, because the 7th is 3 months earlier than the real date as it is. I'm interested in your feedback, thanks!

2. forcetactic macrumors 6502

Upgrade to the new generation iPhone then sell the 4. All iPhones will depreciate by a certain percentage following the release but since iPhone 4 does not sell for much, you will not lose much at all.

Pretty sure if you sell on craigs for $160 after you get your new phone, someone will still definitely buy it. Sites always rip you off

3. theconley thread starter macrumors newbie

The only problem with this is that if I don't sell it now I won't have the money to get it.

4. mlw4411 macrumors member

I just sold my iPhone 4 yesterday on Craig's List and got 275.00. I had a lot of offers for 250-260.

5. theconley thread starter macrumors newbie

16gb?