Selling iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by seble, Sep 15, 2013.

1. seble macrumors 6502a

Considering selling my iPhone 4 that has quite a few faults.

It's unlocked, 2 years old & 32 gig. (refurb model from apple) but...

• The camera lens is cracked, meaning ghost artefacts appear on snaps
    • The lock button doesn't work
    • The home button doesn't work properly
    • The screen has a yellow tint in one of the corners
    • Battery life sucks

How much should I consider selling it for online, in prep for the iPhone 5S, ps I'm the UK, so suggestions in £ are preferred ;)

2. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

I sold an iPhone 4 16GB for 140. Euro - 105.21.

The lock button didnt work, cracked screen, and some yellow tint but not a lot. Good luck!

3. seble thread starter macrumors 6502a

Damn not bad, so maybe I could aim to sell it for around £105 something like that then.

4. safdar macrumors newbie

safdar

:confused:emmmm?????????:confused:

5. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

We traded in my Fiancee's 4S with 02...No quibble about condition, just asked if it worked...result? £170.00/ Saved us the hassle of hunting out a buyer.

The phone had a couple of small marks on it, no box or anything..just the phone.

I think Mazuma do a similar thing...With either of these options, and assuming your phone still works, maybe £50-£100 trade in...It's going to be a lot easier than finding a private buyer.

6. seble thread starter macrumors 6502a

Trade in with 02, means I assume you would have to be an 02 customer?

7. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

Umm, 90 euros this phone is not in great shape at all :(

8. hbman122 macrumors member

02 allow you to trade in no matter what network you're on :) http://www.o2.co.uk/recycle

9. chumps52 macrumors regular

http://uk.webuy.com/phones/product.php?mastersku=SAPPIPH432GB&sku=SAPPIPH432GBUNLC

Even in "poor" state it sells for a decent amount of cash.... May be worth taking a look? Usually they will lower the price slightly after examining though.

Their guide:

Mint – Phone in as new/mint condition with charger, original box and all accessories.
    Good - Working phone in good condition with slight cosmetic blemishes. Charger supplied. Missing one or two accessories or original box.
    Poor - Phone in poor cosmetic condition. Charger supplied but missing accessories and packaging.
    Non-working – Phone intact, not crushed or snapped in half. Non-working examples: dead, cracked, broken/bleeding LCD (screen), not powering up, speaker/mic faults, broken aerial, etc. No accessories required.

10. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

Yours is also 32GB, is there a Craigslist or something similar where you are?

11. seble thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ah thanks that really is a decent amount. Hmm wouldn't really want to give up my charger though, can never have enough of those plugs or cables, but I do still have the box and everything else associated with it. might pop into my local CEX in that case then.

----------

Yes they have Craiglist in London, do you have any idea how that compares to gumtree?