Selling iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kannesss, Nov 8, 2012.

1. kannesss macrumors 6502a

I have a Verizon one I'm selling. Do I need to remove my sim before selling it the new person? It's not activated on my line anymore, I just didn't know what the issue with the sim was on Verizon phones.

2. kannesss thread starter macrumors 6502a

Anyone on here sold an iPhone before? This seems like a simple thing.

3. travis.hansen macrumors regular

You don't need to do anything with your sim. It's only there for activation and roaming on gsm networks overseas. If you disconnected your line the sim is inactive anyway.

4. ls1dreams macrumors 6502

I'd do these 4 things:

1. Open iTunes and do a full backup. You may also want to log into icloud and download all of your contacts somewhere in case things somehow get messed up. (I keep mine on dropbox in case I ever need to access them)

2. Turn iMessage off ( settings > messages > iMessage off ). There are some reports of imessages showing up on the wrong phones for a while. It's probably rare, but worth doing.

3. Finally, wipe your phone entire. (settings > general > reset > Erase All Content and Settings). Make sure you pick content & settings and not just settings.

4. Go ahead and remove the SIM for peace of mind. He won't be able to use it, but can't hurt to take it out.

5. DanielCoffey macrumors 65816

DanielCoffey

I would also make sure the buyer knows it is sim-less.

6. henryonapple macrumors 6502

without a sim your buyer won't be able to get past the "connect to iTunes" screen when checking out your phone, so keep that in mind.