Selling Iphone 5 need advice!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zas, Oct 10, 2012.

1. zas macrumors member

I have 2 sprint Iphone 5's white mint condition... got them on the 21st. Screen protector and case ! No scratches!!!! Here's my problem I want to sell them so I can pay my early termination fee and get back the $199 I spent on the phones! I have sprint and I live in Las Vegas no LTE and sprint sucks HORRIBLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can ATT people use my sprint iphone how do I sell it?! I need advice! Please! :(

2. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I am not 100% sure, but I think the sprint/verizon phones would work on att but they would not be capable of LTE and would limit the buyer. Also, They would probably need to be unlocked b.c they were bought on contract. You could pay an ebay listing like $6 to do this

3. zas thread starter macrumors member

should I do a listing or craiglist what do you think ?

4. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I have always had great luck with craigslist. Literally have sold every iphone within an hour

5. WesCole macrumors 6502a

I would do craigslist...that way you can meet the person at whatever carrier they want to use it on and make sure it works. I sold my iPhone 5 to someone in NY and they were having issues activating it. It was kind of a hassle to deal with it over email. I ended up having to remote into his computer and enter my info into the phone so it would activate for him.

6. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

This is actually a really good idea and makes it easy for both parties. Especially since most people buying an i5 probably will not have a nano sim, so they can't just pop it in and test it out.

7. zas thread starter macrumors member

How would they use it if they dont have a nano sim card ?

8. WesCole macrumors 6502a

They would have to get one from their carrier (if their carrier uses nano sims). I believe Verizon and Sprint don't use sim cards...at least they didn't with the iPhone 4s.

9. mikepro macrumors 6502

Have you tried calling Sprint, explain your issues, and see if you can return them? What's their return policy? I think AT&T gives me 30 days...

10. zas thread starter macrumors member

I can return them but I will have to pay $350 dollars to cancel my contract....... Its ridiculous when I am at work just to download a simple app takes like 15 minutes not even joking!!!!

11. Btrthnezr3 macrumors 6502a

Btrthnezr3

I think you may have 30 days to cancel the contract without etf as well.

Call and check on that.

12. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

That is why I agree with the other poster about meeting them at a carrier store. They most likely will not have a nano sim card. Unless they just want to wing it. If I were buying I would want to meet at my carrier store though.

13. zas thread starter macrumors member

We love and believe in our products and services. We're confident you will too. That's why, as a new customer — or an existing customer adding a new line of service — we'll give you 30 days to try us for free.
    If for any reason you're not happy and want to cancel service, just call us to deactivate and return to the original place of purchase to return your undamaged phone or mobile broadband card and we'll:
    Refund monthly charges incurred as part of your service plan*
    Refund the activation fee
    Refund the purchase price of your device
    Waive the Early Termination Fee
    Waive the restocking fee
    Refund taxes and Sprint surcharges associated with the above charges
    *You'll be responsible for extras like usage not included in your plan (i.e. charges for exceeding your Anytime Minute or Data allowance on your voice or data plan; voice, text or data usage not included in your plan or add-on; pay-as-you go charges, etc.), premium content (i.e. digital downloads, songs, games, applications, etc.), 3rd-party billing, international charges and any taxes and Sprint surcharges associated with such extras.
    *Please note: If you do not return your device within 15 days of deactivating service, up to $350/line for Advanced Devices and up to $200/line for other devices (no EFT for Agreements cancelled in compliance with Sprint's Return Policy) will be applied to your account.
    Sprint Satisfaction Guarantee
    Wow..... I did not know that.

----------

Nevermind now its 14 days so I am screwed....

14. mikepro macrumors 6502

Still, go to the Sprint store or call them and try. Doesn't hurt and may save you a lot of hassle trying to sell them.

15. zas thread starter macrumors member

Called them did everything I could they still said no... ETF or keep it. :( Now I hate them even more.

16. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

what you do is tell them you are moved to an area with no sprint service :) boom ETF gone.
    its worked for me several times

look on their map.
    http://coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp?

find the area without coverage.. find the zip code.

my family legitmently moved to snowflake AZ and were able to get out of their att and sprint contracts ETF FREE

17. zas thread starter macrumors member

Then what do I do call them ?

----------

What about if they ask for proof.... What the hell do I do... I am screwed. blah I hate that company can't wait till they go bankrupt.

18. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

just call tomorrow and tell them you moved to that area. with your contract being <30 days im sure you will have to return the handsets. usually they just way the ETF and you can keep your phone.

if the rep tells you know. demand to speak to a supervisor. It can be done and will be done

19. zas thread starter macrumors member

Thats the problem I dont mind returning the handsets*** I will go to a store today and see what they say.

20. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

Good luck I've had best results with calling the call center