Selling Iphone 5...Profit?!?!?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by morecowbell, Oct 24, 2012.

1. morecowbell macrumors regular

I bought a black iphone 5, 32 Gig on Launch Day through Apple.com. My Verizon account was not due for an upgrade at that time so I paid full retail. My account is now due for an upgrade. I would LOVE to switch to White.

Question: Can I now upgrade to white, use my discount and sell my black one privately? Would I actually make a profit?

Thanks in advance.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You can sell it and do whatever you want with it.
    Figure out what you paid for it with taxes and try selling it locally, on CL or Ebay.
    It should go quick.
    I wouldnt expect a huge profit if you bought it full price. Maybe $100-200 more.

3. kendall69 macrumors regular

Return it

Apple has 30 day return Policy. I bought the 5 the day it came out BUT Verizon is not eliminating UNLIMITED text data. In one week I ran up $50.00 over my old plan which was unlimited and included. Looks like I'll keep my 4 forever and keep my unlimited.

Unlimited is the same as long as I don't upgrade my phone....OR I pay $800.00 for the phone

I took my 5 back to Apple got full credit

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

What's UNLIMITED text data?

5. wknapp0924 macrumors 6502

I would trade my white for black if you were on ATT, I find myself grabbing my wifes phone and loving how sleek and sexy the black one looks!

6. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

You can use 143 characters on Twitter. **** is crazy.

7. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

If you have unlimited data keep the one you have, if you upgrade through Verizon you will lose your unlimited data.

8. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

Yes, you can still make a hefty profit. I've been on a buying spree on craigslist picking up iPhone 5s for $600-$700 and selling them for $950 on eBay!!! Making about $200 after fees. Have sold 4 so far. Funny part is, i still want one for my self. Each time i get one, i say im gonna keep it but the profit potential is too good to pass up.