Selling Iphone 5...Profit?!?!?!

morecowbell

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
I bought a black iphone 5, 32 Gig on Launch Day through Apple.com. My Verizon account was not due for an upgrade at that time so I paid full retail. My account is now due for an upgrade. I would LOVE to switch to White.

Question: Can I now upgrade to white, use my discount and sell my black one privately? Would I actually make a profit?

Thanks in advance.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
You can sell it and do whatever you want with it.
Figure out what you paid for it with taxes and try selling it locally, on CL or Ebay.
It should go quick.
I wouldnt expect a huge profit if you bought it full price. Maybe $100-200 more.

kendall69

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2011
Return it

Apple has 30 day return Policy. I bought the 5 the day it came out BUT Verizon is not eliminating UNLIMITED text data. In one week I ran up $50.00 over my old plan which was unlimited and included. Looks like I'll keep my 4 forever and keep my unlimited.

Unlimited is the same as long as I don't upgrade my phone....OR I pay $800.00 for the phone

I took my 5 back to Apple got full credit

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Apple has 30 day return Policy. I bought the 5 the day it came out BUT Verizon is not eliminating UNLIMITED text data. In one week I ran up $50.00 over my old plan which was unlimited and included. Looks like I'll keep my 4 forever and keep my unlimited.

Unlimited is the same as long as I don't upgrade my phone....OR I pay $800.00 for the phone

I took my 5 back to Apple got full credit
What's UNLIMITED text data?

wknapp0924

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2012
Honolulu, HI
I would trade my white for black if you were on ATT, I find myself grabbing my wifes phone and loving how sleek and sexy the black one looks!

boomhower

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2011
If you have unlimited data keep the one you have, if you upgrade through Verizon you will lose your unlimited data.

mohsy90

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2011
New York
I bought a black iphone 5, 32 Gig on Launch Day through Apple.com. My Verizon account was not due for an upgrade at that time so I paid full retail. My account is now due for an upgrade. I would LOVE to switch to White.

Question: Can I now upgrade to white, use my discount and sell my black one privately? Would I actually make a profit?

Thanks in advance.
Yes, you can still make a hefty profit. I've been on a buying spree on craigslist picking up iPhone 5s for $600-$700 and selling them for $950 on eBay!!! Making about $200 after fees. Have sold 4 so far. Funny part is, i still want one for my self. Each time i get one, i say im gonna keep it but the profit potential is too good to pass up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.