Selling Iphone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mavs972, Sep 14, 2012.

1. mavs972 macrumors newbie

Hey guys I just preordered the iPhone 5 for Verizon with the intention of making a profit. Is it likely that it will be sold out right away, and for how much do you think I could sell it for. Btw I bought the 16gb iPhone 5 paid like 700 with taxes. Thanks

2. theganja macrumors newbie

theganja

3. lsvtecjohn3 macrumors 6502a

your husslin in reverse homie. 700 for a 16GB iPhone 5 LoL. You should have just bought the phone for $199 and paid the ETF

4. jordanogrady macrumors 6502

it'll probably be worth less than what you just paid for it.. l00ser! :)

Troll...

5. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

You won't turn a profit. I will be laughing at you when you are in the Apple store trying to return it embarrassingly. #1000

6. mavs972 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply, I personally own a Galaxy Nexus, pleased so far, wouldn't mind keeping the iPhone 5 but rather make money off it. How long does it usually take for a second shipment to arrive?

7. redboxcar macrumors 6502

redboxcar

Yeah, my honest opinion is that, if anything, you'll likely only get your money back. But that's a stretch. My gut says you won't make any profit, and in fact, will likely lose money on it. :(

8. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

It's worth what people are willing to pay. Of course you are betting there will be a shortage...if I recall, some people did the same thing with the last iPad and got screwed because there wasn't a shortage. Given that a crapload of people bought the 4S a year ago and aren't eligible for an upgrade yet, there's a good chance supply will more or less keep up with demand.

9. mavs972 thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow grow up, I'm just trying to take advantage of the Iphone herd. No way would I give up my unlimited plan for it

10. noobinator macrumors 601

You will make as much profit as all those guys selling iPads earlier this year...

11. mjn298 macrumors regular

Isn't the ETF $350

So it's cheaper to get the phone subsidized and cancel right away than to buy it unlocked

weird math on that

12. mavs972 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I just realized that, I will cancel it

13. impact_blue macrumors regular

damn haters gonna hate... but I agree with the comment above. Should of bought it for 199 and pay the ETF

14. Lyrical macrumors regular

Its not about haters. If you dont want the phone then dont buy it and let someone who actually wants it buy it for a normal price rather than be ripped off by you. I hope you drop the box on the road and someone drives over it, that would teach you. :)

15. whoknows87 macrumors 6502a

whoknows87

if you are buying with the intent of selling , you should've bought a GSM Phone and posted it on eBay right away , you will probably make some profit, someone will order it from oversea you will be surprised , the fact that it's a CDMA Phone makes it a difficult sale, Good Luck with it

----------

that's a good idea lol what's at&t ETF? might just do that

16. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

You can't ebay an item you don't have in your possession (obviously they would know on this item).

17. saud0488 macrumors 6502

I'll bet the GSM ones get at least 1000 next week. 2 weeks to ship now? easily 1000 if you post on ebay now.

18. whoknows87 macrumors 6502a

whoknows87

plenty are doing it , they indicate that it's a pre order and offer overnight or next day shipping once the phone arrives

19. indianboynyc macrumors regular

you can place your iPhone 5 on eBay for sale even if you don't have it and promise delivery date! I think you can make $1000+ on reselling the iPhone on eBay but what gb is it? there's always hotshots that will pay whatever they want for something they don't wanna wait for on line or in mail.

the people commenting "omg don't order it if your gonna sell it, let someone else get a chance to order it and use it" stop acting like little girls, really it's a phone! If someone wanted it that bad they will preorder it

20. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

I thought that was against Ebay's TOS?

21. mjn298 macrumors regular

it's not, i've seen presale listings before

22. jordanogrady macrumors 6502

it was a joke! :rolleyes:

23. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

24. alecmcmahon macrumors regular

Got mine listed on ebay now.

confirmed pre order

64 gig - black - at&t

starting bid $1000

Buy it now : $1500

anybody interested?

25. creeman macrumors 6502

The thing is, you're going to have to sell it for a huge increase if you're going to make any money. After all the ETF and PayPal and eBay fees, it's gonna be hard to make a decent profit. I would say at least $850 for a 16 gb gsm version for a profit of $150ish. I thought about buying multiple of these and sellling them, then decided I didn't want to deal with eBay and PayPal and all their crap.