selling iphone 6 on ebay for sprint..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cuzo, Aug 15, 2014.

1. cuzo macrumors 6502

What do you think of the resale value of doing this? I'm on sprint It will be unopened and will sell opening day.

2. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

It depends on what the demand is for the Sprint model and how many Apple is able to keep in stock at release time. I believe the Verizon model will see the largest demand as that one is unlocked right out of the box and able to be used on any GSM as well as CDMA network.

3. 617aircav Suspended

Why guess. Just do an eBay search and it will show you.

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Just be sure you sell to a Sprint owner. The phone will come locked to Sprint and will be useless to anyone not on Sprint.

5. 617aircav Suspended

I'm pretty sure he would list it as a sprint phone.

6. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

That may be. But going from the standpoint of what I've seen here, some buyers don't read. Some don't read and assume that they can easily get a Sprint iPhone unlocked.

How many threads have there been in here from Sprint iPhone buyers that made that assumption only to find out they bought an iPod Touch with a cellular radio?

They get attracted by the lower prices Sprint iPhones go for and then find out why they are lower priced.

7. 617aircav Suspended

You are correct. I had someone buy a blacklisted iPhone 5 from me assuming it would work in Canada. It didn't and he wanted a refund.

8. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I'd post one of those Captain Picard facepalm pics, but I don't have a link. :D