Selling iPhone UK.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ste1164, Aug 5, 2012.

1. ste1164 macrumors 6502a

ste1164

Is anyone in the UK selling their iPhones yet if so how, what model and how much did you get/are you wanting to get. If not are you keeping your iPhone till the launch then selling it?

2. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

iPhone 4, 16GB black, factory unlocked, 18 months old, no AppleCare, boxed with all accessories, excellent cosmetic condition.

Sold last month for £270.

3. CASLondon, Aug 6, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2012

CASLondon macrumors 6502a

I've got mine (iphone 4s, bought in February, 16g)on Gumtree, after looking at ebay it seems about 360-400 pounds is the range for a 16g unlocked in good condition. I've got the receipt, box, unused charger, and have had film on both sides in a hard case from walking out the store door less than 6 months ago so I put mine up for 400.

I've had the requisite 3 nigerians on the first day hoping for an idiot, so we'll see. I might sell it to a friend or ebay auction if this doesn't go fast.

4. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I won't be selling my 4s until the new iPhone is released.

Apart from :apple: fanboys who will purchase anything apple its madness to sell your present phone, in hope that the new iPhone is aesthetically pleasing to your eye, and what is under its hood is confirmed.

:rolleyes:

5. CASLondon macrumors 6502a

Not necessarily. If the unlikely happens and they release the new iPhone FlipPhone 2g in pink, I can always buy a mint 4s for a fair whack less than I will have sold mine this week, no harm no foul

6. windowstomac macrumors regular

My wife's got her eye on my 4S when I inevitably buy the new one.

7. StuartMoore macrumors regular

Putting mine up for sale this week. 16GB Black, bought sim free, never been locked. Boxed etc, excellent condition. Hoping for at least £250.

Stuart.

8. Azzin macrumors 68040

I sold my launch day i4 to Carphone Warehouse for £250 a couple of months ago.

No box, manual, charger required, just the phone itself.

They pay by processing a "refund" to your bank card, the money showed on my account a couple of days later.

Easiest sale I've ever done, no listing or posting and got to keep the box, charger, ear buds etc.

[Edit] - http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/trade-in/order

9. StuartMoore macrumors regular

Nice! Will into that. Cheers! :)

EDIT. Just checked online with my IMEI number and they're offering £200.

10. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

True, but remember not all iPhone's are in mint condition both in condition and hardware. You could sell a perfectly good iPhone and then re purchase a not so good one ! Its a risk each individual must take.

Personally I have accrued the disposable income to purchase one outright if it ticks all my wants and needs boxes ,and then sell my 4s, as in the Uk iphone's tend to retain their price!

11. Azzin macrumors 68040

Fair enough, but there's no advertising time/costs involved selling to CPW, plus you get to keep the box, charger, etc which can sell for circa £20.

It's horses for courses, but IMO a guaranteed £200 in your hand "now" for just the phone is a winner.

Plus-you're also guaranteed not to get any "it's scratched/damaged/etc" dramas from selling on somewhere like eBay (plus no fees for listing and taking Paypal).

12. StuartMoore macrumors regular

Yeah, I hear ya! Will see if anyone I know wants to buy it, then consider this/eBay.

Cheers, Stuart.

13. daveathall macrumors 68000

daveathall

I sold my 4S, 16gb to Mazuma mobile for £285, not the highest price by any stretch of the imagination but stress free, I have sold 3 mobiles to them in all. Very quick service.

14. yegon macrumors 68020

Question for UK peeps; when I get my 5 I plan on selling my old launch 32gb 4 (unlocked) to a mate. It's in excellent condition, actually only 18 months old as it was replaced (twice!) under warranty due to dodgy home button. Home button's gone on this too, which I've tolerated for ages via jailbreak, but he's a non-jailbreak type of guy and will probably want iOS6.

tldr; Suggestions re price? Basically, I'm thinking going rate for a used unlocked 4 32gb with dodgy home button minus 20 or £30 for a mate.