Selling iPhone with iOS 7?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xIN FLAMES325x, Jul 4, 2013.

1. xIN FLAMES325x macrumors newbie

I am a developer with a registered iPhone 5 running iOS 7.2 beta. My question is that if I wanted to sell this phone, which steps should I take? There was an article published somewhere the day after the beta was released saying Apple will "mark your phone as stolen software if you downgrade to iOS 6 after installing the beta." I cannot find this article again, but definitely don't want that to be the case. Does anyone know if it's safe to do this? Should I downgrade via DFU and remove my UDID from the developer center? What steps should be taken here?

2. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

You can downgrade to 6.1.3/6.1.4 just fine. That article sounds like a bunch of bs.

3. appleisking macrumors 6502a

If you downgrade to ios 6, and sell it in that way, how is that any different from not having had ios 7 in the first place? I wouldn't trust that article.

4. mikeydeezy macrumors 6502a

mikeydeezy

The only thing is if you have Find My iPhone active when you restore it to 6.x it'll ask you to enter your password to authentic the restore.

That's it.

5. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

Don't sell with beta version on it; you get in trouble with the new owner once the beta expire plus you sure violate your developer agreement with Apple. Two things not to do. Restore, better keep, the device.
    And yes, remove the device from your account; after downgrade is done

6. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

yea i wouldnt sell a phone with any beta on it. its just setting the potential buyer up for issues should they need to restore. do them a favor and remove findmyiphone beta after logging out and restore back to 6.1.4.

7. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

The article is rubbish. Downgrade and think of your buyer and how they would feel if the beta expired and they cannot use the device, especially if they are not so tech savvy. It's the right thing to do.

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member