Selling Macintosh Accessory Business!

MacEffects

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 21, 2005
Darkspear
Hello Everyone... I am selling my MacEffects business as I am a single parent, and due to some recent financial misfortune, I have to sell off my Macintosh business venture, to pay off the loan I took out to begin the project. Now, I have about an $9,200 loan (excluding personal money about $3,500 prior to the load and time/effort put in) into this, but I am willing to take a big loss on this in order to pay a great deal of my loan. But so far there is more then $12,700 into this venture.

I have sold almost 50 of the 500 DashMini's Manufactured (Many at the $32.99 per)

450+ DashMini Mac Mini Mounts
Serial Numbers Stickers (0-600)
DashMini Accessory Packages
Retail Boxes
Shipping Cartons
Heavy Duty Industrial Shipping/Packaging Supplies
Mac Inventory Software, POS System, Barcoders, and such
Full Featured high traffic Domain Name and Dynamic Website
Over 10 Website Styles (Used and Unused) to always give the site a nice appearance
Plenty of Amazing Products to sell (New and Used Macintosh Items)
Fully intergrated e-mail system, inventory, website, etc...
Rights to all Materials Business Names, Advertisements, images, Etc
Some other websites setup to support MacEffects like MacDeals.org (Google AdSense and AD Money Maker)
Retail Supplies
Buy it and its your, but I will help with anything and everything where possible.

You will get all of the products too such as:

DashMini Under-Desk Mount for Mac Mini
AirKey Macintosh Wireless Keyboards / Mice for USB
WaveLAN WiFi PCMICA Newton/PowerBook/PC Card
And TONS MORE Mac Items most were only available though me giving you that monopoly you always wanted ;)

Mathematics behind it:
450 @ $32.99 = $14,845 + Over $8,900 in other products | Total $23,745
Profit from the (minus the $5,800 - O.B.O.) $17,945+

450 @ $30 = $13,500 + Over $8,900 in other products | Total $22,400
Profit from the (minus the $5,800 - O.B.O.) $16,600+

450 @ $25 = $11,250 + Over $8,900 in other products | Total $21,500
Profit from the (minus the $5,800 - O.B.O.) $15,700+

Now, only thing required from you (buyer) is Time (Which I no longer have), Patience, and a Mac/Businness Brain... Yep, thats all and then you could see all of that profit.

With this all of the work is done, all of the equipment is there, and all of the money will be pure profit for you.

As, I am sure you know there is a great deal of market for something like the DashMini, and other new/used Macintosh Accessories.

The DashMini, as you can read from my site (MacEffects.net) is an amazing and one of a kind Macintosh Accessory. This has been successfully ran over with a Buick Le Saber Custom 1994 Full sized Sedan and popped right back to shape. There is only one product like it on the market that as you may also have read it is made poorly and far more costly, and not economical.

This is THE Idea opportunity for an investor with a bit of free time, or anyone who wants to make some money on the side... And of course people who want to be able to say they own their own 3rd Party Macintosh Company, just like Belkin, NewerTech, Etc...

MacEffects and DashMini are both names that were well thought out, and unique not trademark issues, while remaining totally cool and meaningful. And the DashMini must be the best Mac Mini item available on the market it has unlimited uses and applications.

I am asking only $5,800 (OBO) since I know it must be the best of deals in order to sell, and I must sell it all within a few months to pay off my mortgage. And I do realize you have to be a certain type of person to do this, an Investor, Mac User, Someone who knows how good this really is... I will cover all of the shipping costs of the heavy items. As far as payment, what every you'd prefer Western Union, PayPal, Money Order, Cashiers Checks, Business Checks, Personal Checks (Must Clear), C.O.D. Type Service, etc... I will not take cash as it is not safe for me or the buyer. I will do anything possible to help and get everything up and running for you. Please let me know if you have any questions, concerns, and comments. Ah yes also I feel the need to mention this is NOT some kind of scam!

My Home Phone Number is: 219-325-3893 (Please call if really interested, don't spam, don't wake me up, etc...)

My e-mail is Sales@maceffects.net

Also, this is very important things that are not included: Me, My identity, My Credit Cards, My Bank Accounts, my eBay Accounts, MR account, Etc... I know it may seem dumb and sort of comical having to say this but you get some crazy people that don't understand this.

Like I said, I need to get the money back before a get myself into some troubles, so if you are serious please let me know.

Also, I'll be adding more info ASAP!

NOTE ----> Moderators: This is NOT some BS/Newbie post, and is not a comerical post... and I recently paid you guys 20 buck :p . But really I just wanted to make sure you knew.

skoker

macrumors 68000
Aug 6, 2005
Just stating some un-biased facts:

a) We have a Marketplace on MR for, um, marketing items. Not Community discussion.

b) You aren't allowed to list things of this nature.

c) Just because you paid doesn't mean you get to bend the rules.

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
Whilst the Marketplace rules specifically prohibit commercial sales, this actually isn't a commercial sale, i.e. he's not simply trying to punt product at the MacRumors faithful.

I'm inclined to let this run until someone with a better grasp calls time or we get more reports.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
Not that I'm in the position to really comment, but look at the OP, they've been a great poster, helped many people, never spammed or posted anything dumb. They're selling something...let them try and sell it...it's not hurting anyone.

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
To further clarify the report was about the post being in the wrong forum, with a secondary comment questioning whether this was appropriate at all.

As I said, I see no reason to close this thread as yet.

Stampyhead

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2004
London, UK
Sorry to hear about your financial troubles. Unfortunately I can't afford to buy a business right now, but I'll certainly tell people about your products. Those little shelves for the Mini's look pretty cool. I know a few people that may be interested in them.
Good luck!

skoker

macrumors 68000
Aug 6, 2005
0s and 1s said:
Let's all pitch in. I'd put in $500.
I could do that.

Better yet, why don't we sell 'stock' in the company for like $10 a share? Then the 'stockholders' vote on people to run the company, and then every 4 months we give a % of the profit to the shareholders depending on how much stock they own?

I could head this one up.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
WinterMute said:
As I said, I see no reason to close this thread as yet.
Just to second the motion, this thread meets the Marketplace rules. An offer for a private sale of something (a business) between MacRumors members.

It's too bad you have to sell the business, MacEffects. I'm sure you have pride of ownership and want it to go to a good home.

jtalerico

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2005
skoker said:
I could do that.

Better yet, why don't we sell 'stock' in the company for like $10 a share? Then the 'stockholders' vote on people to run the company, and then every 4 months we give a % of the profit to the shareholders depending on how much stock they own?

I would be in.

skoker

macrumors 68000
Aug 6, 2005
jtalerico said:
I would be in.
If anybody else is interested, send me a PM with how many shares you'd be interested in and I'll get in touch with MacEffects.

MacEffects

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 21, 2005
Darkspear
Thanks for the support... I really appreciate it! While I believe you are not serious about the stock think, well... I have over 1,000 Shares (You will also get for $5,800 including Corporate Seal, Corporate Records) from CPC for MacEffects (formerly Macs R Us Computers), and while it is doable, I think it is a bit to much time consuming, and would require loads of work, but if anyone here is skill in that PM me :D But on a serious note, I am sorry for posting this in the wrong category, I was not sure if it would classify as a Marketplace listing. Also, I somehow knew this would be on some kind of debate for being on MR... But I'd much rather see it go to someone on here, or as a last resort, I'll sell it on eBay. I am sure if some of you are really truly interested, I am sure there is something I can work out, maybe a monthly payment (Large enough to cover my payment :rolleyes: ) and I send items as I get money, or something like that... I am flexibly desperate :D

$500 will get you 86 Shares of 1000 (I have Class A, Class B, Preferred, and Common Stock) - I think it would be really to hard to organize shares to people like that, but if someone wants to help, I'm willing to do it.

I am really open to ANYTHING

MacEffects

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 21, 2005
Darkspear
jtalerico said:
skoker round up as many people you can and let me know what is going on.

joe.talerico@gmail.com
Wow, you guys are serious! Okay, well I am by no means an attorney or anything so what will have to be done, is someone maybe skoker can gather up people and give out rights of owners ship and such... And after we get 11-12 people then I give it all to the main person (IE Skoker or whoever). This way I don't have to deal directly with the long legal, and informational time consuming things, while I still would get about $5,800 to pay off the loan... But, please keep in mine you need a business brain to be part of this;)

Also, I am located in LaPorte Indiana (46350) near Chicago, so if anyone is interested in checking everything out, and stuff give me a call, and we can set up a date and time.

jeremy.king

macrumors 603
Jul 23, 2002
Fuquay Varina, NC
skoker said:
No offense, do you have any idea on what you are doing - ie are you a corporate lawyer? There is a lot of legal crap/compliance that governs this type of thing...See ME's post above, for example.

skoker

macrumors 68000
Aug 6, 2005
Here's how I would run it: I would get the products from MacEffects, store them, sell them, fulfill orders, ship, bill, yada-yada, and sell 'shares' in the 'business' to finance the purchase. I would sell 580 shares at $10 a piece so that I could meet the $5,800 that MacEffects is asking. Then, I would sell the products for like $25 or something, and then every quarter or so distribute the 'profits' to the 'shareholders'. It would be a private venture, so laws would not be a problem (I actually called a local Small Business lawyer to verify).

Anyways, profits would be determined like this:

Net sales minus administrative fees (like advertising, shouldn't be too much) divided by 580, which is the number of shares.

So lets say in a given quarter, I sell 100 products for $25 a piece. That's $2500 in profit. Now subtract an admin fee of say $100, which leaves you with $2400 in the 'pool'. Now divide by 580 and that leaves you with a quarterly profit of $4.31 per share. So theoretically every share would make a tad over $10 in return after all of the products have sold.

I've got a few people interested, let's get some more so I can get this ball rolling!

MacEffects, if you could PM me with your thoughts, I'd appreciate it.

reberto

macrumors 65816
Jul 20, 2005
I don't want to sound like I am thred crapping but what if some MR members buy the company and it becomes an MR business? Could we do that?

Atlasland

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2005
London, UK
MacEffects said:
Mathematics behind it:
450 @ $32.99 = $14,845 + Over $8,900 in other products | Total $23,745
Profit from the (minus the $5,800 - O.B.O.) $17,945+

450 @ $30 = $13,500 + Over $8,900 in other products | Total $22,400
Profit from the (minus the $5,800 - O.B.O.) $16,600+

450 @ $25 = $11,250 + Over $8,900 in other products | Total $21,500
Profit from the (minus the $5,800 - O.B.O.) $15,700+
Don't mean to threadcrap, but if you're selling these for $19.99, then a minimum valuation of $25 doesn't make much sense.

Also, maybe I missed it, but do you have a breakdown of the $8,900 figure?

MacEffects

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 21, 2005
Darkspear
Atlasland said:
Don't mean to threadcrap, but if you're selling these for $19.99, then a minimum valuation of $25 doesn't make much sense.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention, that $19.99 was for the New Years and x-mas sale, and its over... The PayPal button and shop prices where right, I just missed it... Sorry about that.

Atlasland said:
Also, maybe I missed it, but do you have a breakdown of the $8,900 figure?
Okay, well I have hundreds of New & Used Macintosh/Newton Accessories that the retail price would be about $8,900 these are left over from Macs R Us Computers. Also, keep in mind I have been doing Mac sales stuff since 1999, and in late 2004 I decided to risk it and do the DashMini idea, it would be great if I did not have any financial troubles, and had free time.

But, please PM if you like to know more about the others products that I have.

Aw, yes! Thanks everyone for all of the good ideas... Keep them coming... Also don't worry I don't mind constructive criticism, it is actually helpful for everyone... Just keep the posts coming!

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
reberto said:
I don't want to sound like I am thred crapping but what if some MR members buy the company and it becomes an MR business? Could we do that?
It won't be an MR business unless arn buys it. We're all his guests here and can't use the site name for our own purposes.