Selling my 6S JB, Running 9.1 Worth Keeping the JB? Is there still interest?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by solo118, Sep 12, 2017.

1. solo118 macrumors 65816

Hey All,

I plan on selling my 6S to fund an iPhone X and looking to see if there is still interest in the JB market. I know a 6S is not worth much, and this is NOT a FS thread, I am just trying to gather info before I do anything.

I am running 9.1, untethered JB. Space Grey, 64gb in great condition. Including box, and OEM charger case (in grey color)

Would anyone say this phone would be worth more than a standard 6S considering it is JB with untether? I know this is not a common iOS as many have the semi-tethered versions. If there is little to no interest, I will just wipe it clean and update to the latest iOS and sell here or on CL/Swappa.

Thanks in advance!

2. QueenTyrone macrumors 6502a

QueenTyrone

3. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

I would say it might grab a few extra bucks from the right person. Ask around here: https://reddit.com/r/jailbreak

I've had no less than two people ask me if I want to sell my 6s+ in the last month because it's on 9.0.2 and jailbroken.

4. solo118 thread starter macrumors 65816

5. solo118 thread starter macrumors 65816

Looks like I found a buyer!!

Can anyone please recommend how to fully wipe/clean my phone's data while keeping the jailbreak? This is obviously the only selling point in getting a premium on the price, so I need to keep the JB.

6. eyoungren, Sep 18, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2017

eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

Log out of everything that is Apple (Facetime, iMessage, store, etc). Disable Find My iPhone.

Remove all email, contacts and calendar accounts and any other accounts that you've set up in Settings.

Then use Cydia Eraser.

7. solo118 thread starter macrumors 65816

Thank you brother. I hope this is not the end for me, and a JB is in all of our futures with the new models.

8. solo118 thread starter macrumors 65816

So I am selling the phone today, I did everything you said and ran cydia eraser. However I am on the last step where I am on the Apple loading screen (after it reset) and it is just hanging as the bar is full. I definitely do not want to reset it, but is there anything that I could do here to make it start up? It has been hanging for over 15 minutes now.

Edit: Disregard- Forced a reboot, and now I am all good!!

9. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

Cool! Good luck and glad you found a buyer. Fully untethered jailbreaks are worth a bit now. :)