Selling my cellular iPad Air 1. What do I need to do to prepare it for its new owner?

MF878

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
Backup your iPad with iTunes or iCloud first, so you can move all your current files and settings to the new iPad. Then, go to Settings > General > Reset on the iPad, or use iTunes, to erase everything and allow the new owner to set it up as a new iPad.

Reactions: Centris 650

rigormortis

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2009
When you erase the iPad directly it automatically removes it from find my iPhone
If you use the website to erase your iPhone it won't remove it from you iCloud account unless you tell it do so.

What I would like to add here is a reminder to backup your old iPad to iTunes encrypted. This will allow its secure Keychain containing all your wifi passwords to be restored to different iPad

Reactions: Centris 650

Centris 650

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 26, 2002
Near Charleston, SC
What about the cellular. I assume I need to cancel service with my provider.
Is there anything in particular I need to know with removing the number from my account, etc?

rigormortis

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2009
What about the cellular. I assume I need to cancel service with my provider.
Is there anything in particular I need to know with removing the number from my account, etc?
well. hmmm

you could call them to cancel the number from your account. but I'm worried you might have to like pay a fee to
cancel the sim card or pay a fee to activate a new device or something.

if you buy the ipad pro cellular , you could just stick the sim card in that one and continue to use it

do you have anything else that could use the sim?

you could just put the sim into some other ipad and still use it

whatever you do, your supposed to not send them your sim card, keep the sim card.

Reactions: Moi Ici