Selling my cellular iPad Air 1. What do I need to do to prepare it for its new owner?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Centris 650, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Centris 650 macrumors 6502a

Centris 650

Im selling my cellular iPad Air 1 to help with the cost of a new iPad pro. What do I need to do to prepare it for its new owner?

2. MF878 macrumors regular

MF878

Backup your iPad with iTunes or iCloud first, so you can move all your current files and settings to the new iPad. Then, go to Settings > General > Reset on the iPad, or use iTunes, to erase everything and allow the new owner to set it up as a new iPad.

3. JeffNT326 macrumors member

JeffNT326

4. rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

When you erase the iPad directly it automatically removes it from find my iPhone
    If you use the website to erase your iPhone it won't remove it from you iCloud account unless you tell it do so.

What I would like to add here is a reminder to backup your old iPad to iTunes encrypted. This will allow its secure Keychain containing all your wifi passwords to be restored to different iPad

5. Centris 650 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Centris 650

What about the cellular. I assume I need to cancel service with my provider.
    Is there anything in particular I need to know with removing the number from my account, etc?

6. rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

well. hmmm

you could call them to cancel the number from your account. but I'm worried you might have to like pay a fee to
    cancel the sim card or pay a fee to activate a new device or something.

if you buy the ipad pro cellular , you could just stick the sim card in that one and continue to use it

do you have anything else that could use the sim?

you could just put the sim into some other ipad and still use it

whatever you do, your supposed to not send them your sim card, keep the sim card.