Selling my iPhone 3GS, and I have a question about SIM Card

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hokiepokie07, Nov 10, 2010.

1. hokiepokie07 macrumors 6502a

I restored it, unlocked it, jailbroke it, etc. I'm just wondering if I need to remove the SIM card so the person who purchases it does not have any of my info or anything. If I restored it, would they even have a chance of getting any info off of it?

Thanks.

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

3. hokiepokie07 thread starter macrumors 6502a

It was active when I used it, but now since I restored it, and only use my iPhone 4, it just says "Waiting to Activate" or something along those lines.

4. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

5. namealrdytaken macrumors newbie

6. huntnboy04 macrumors regular

I am selling my 1st gen iPhone, I went to restore all settings on the computer and it said it was going to update it to the new software, I didn't want to do that so I cleared all the data and set to back to original settings on the phone itself, now it says install SIM to activate, and it will not let me even use it as an iPod, like I have been doing for the past year.

I don't want to activate it. Any suggestions?

7. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

Hactivation seems to cause problems with push and battery usage but there is another method called subscriber activation module SAM that you may want to check out.

8. lapocompris macrumors regular

Why don't you want to activate it? It doesn't mean anything to you, but save a lot of work for your buyer.

9. Merkie macrumors 68020

I really don't understand the use of the whole "activiation" process. Other phones I've owned never asked me to activate. What does it do exactly? Why can't it just show the springboard and do whatever every other phones do out there :confused: ?