Selling my mismanufactured oreo on ebay

Capt Underpants

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 23, 2003
Austin, Texas
So I got this sweet package of oreos, and there was a mismanufactured one in there. It seems that one of the sides was put on upside down. I've seen a whole lot of crazy suff being sold on ebay, so I was wondering if you guys think this would sell. Maybe some of you would be interested?;)

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
IMHO, I's say go ahead and give it a try. You might be very pleasantly surprised. It seems that anything goes. How about letting us see a picture of your prized possession? ;)

Capt Underpants

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 23, 2003
Austin, Texas
wdlove said:
IMHO, I's say go ahead and give it a try. You might be very pleasantly surprised. It seems that anything goes. How about letting us see a picture of your prized possession? ;)
I may post a picture tonight, but im not even supposed to be on the computer, so we'll see how that goes :)

Toppa G's

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2003
The exurbs, MN
I've had this type of manufacturing defect in my Oreos before...not sure that it will be a hot item on eBay, but I suppose there's not much to lose :D

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Toppa G's said:
I've had this type of manufacturing defect in my Oreos before...not sure that it will be a hot item on eBay, but I suppose there's not much to lose :D
There is all the weight you could end up losing by selling all your high calorie food on eBay.

Won't help if you find a lot of calories in the botton of a beercan with your windfall.

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
Are you serious?

I get about 8 of those per package. The best thing to do with them is to dunk them in some milk and chow down.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Capt Underpants said:
I may post a picture tonight, but im not even supposed to be on the computer, so we'll see how that goes :)
I hope that you didn't get into any trouble for posting the pictures. That wasn't my intent. :eek: If you can, please PM me as to your situation or post hear, hope that it isn't serious. Please let us know what you plan to do with the Oreo Cookie?

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Speaking of oddities, has anyone seen a Hershey's Kiss with 5 tags sticking out of it? My friend's girlfriend just got one and I jokingly told her to stick it on eBay. :D

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
LOL, I've seen a ton of those in my lifetime. I've eaten a LOT of oreos during my lifetime as well. Dunked in milk and all. Bliss.

I've tried to sell crazier things on eBay. Once I sold a pencil broken into two. I claimed it's broken by magical forces. Just a plain no. 2 pencil. And it sold for $3.

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
Raven VII said:
LOL, I've seen a ton of those in my lifetime. I've eaten a LOT of oreos during my lifetime as well. Dunked in milk and all. Bliss.

I've tried to sell crazier things on eBay. Once I sold a pencil broken into two. I claimed it's broken by magical forces. Just a plain no. 2 pencil. And it sold for $3.
lmao, maybe I should try this ebay. It would be fun thinking of crazy things to sell :p

adamjay

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2004
Indianapolis
don't think of it as a fun quirky thing to do,
think of it as an idiot test to see what person would spend more than a dollar on something thousands of people eat every day because they could care less. :D

Spizzo

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2004
Pacific NW
adamjay said:
don't think of it as a fun quirky thing to do,
think of it as an idiot test to see what person would spend more than a dollar on something thousands of people eat every day because they could care less. :D
More than a dollar????

What eediot would bid on one cookie (an oreo), win the auction, pay shipping and handling, wait for the cookie to show up. A few days later it arrives, stale at best, or a pile of crumbs...Now you are out a cookie and 5 or 6 bucks.

Idiot Test Indeed.

(Wasnt there some Mickey D's commercial on during the Super Bowl where some guy auctioned his Abe Lincoln Fry?)

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Too bad it doesn't look like the Virgin Mary. You'd be rolling in riches!

Roger1

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2002
Michigan
Hemingray said:
Speaking of oddities, has anyone seen a Hershey's Kiss with 5 tags sticking out of it? My friend's girlfriend just got one and I jokingly told her to stick it on eBay. :D
Have you ever seen how FLAMMABLE those tags are??? WHOOSH!! :D