selling my plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by coolwierdo, Apr 15, 2013.

1. coolwierdo macrumors member

I now have att but im considering the switch to tmobile could i sell my unlimited data plan if so how does that work and how much do the plans normally sell for. any info would help.

2. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

They've changed their policies. They no longer allow plans to carry over to a new name. You could have someone take over your contract, but anything grandfathered would be lost. They would only have current plans to pick from.

3. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Very true. I had two to give away a year ago for free and no one was interested.

Just cancel the account and move on.

4. Charadis macrumors 6502a

I believe it may be possible, but you cannot do it through the online account manager. You would have to call customer service to make a note that you wish to transfer your account and keep the grandfathered features. If that goes through, then you would setup a 3-way call with the person who will take over the account and a customer rep.

I'm only basing this on what I've read from listings on eBay for grandfathered accounts. It may be legitimate; if anyone can verify, please chime in. Sent from my iPhone.