Selling Verizon iPhone. Take SIM card out or leave in?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chrmjenkins, Apr 9, 2012.

1. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

I'm selling my Verizon iPhone. Since I've only dealt with AT&T before, I don't know whether I should remove the SIM card (IE will it be tied to my phone number or billing account). I noticed when I swapped the phone between numbers on my plan they didn't have to change the SIM, so I was thinking I may not have to take the SIM out. Anyone know?

2. iFiend macrumors 65816

VZW iPhones do not have a SIM card :p

3. jkeekij macrumors regular

The 4S does.

4. chambone macrumors 6502a

chambone

Take out the sim. A sim is always tied to your number and account.

5. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

I'm sure the verizon 4S does.

6. iFiend macrumors 65816

It certainly has a SIM card slot, but since it runs on a CDMA network, no physical SIM is included.

7. chrmjenkins thread starter macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

Wait until I get home and show you a picture of the SIM cards I pulled out of them yesterday.

8. iFiend macrumors 65816

No need, I know when to eat my crow :)

It just doesn't seem to make any sense to me, I guess.

Are they VZW SIMs?

9. chrmjenkins thread starter macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

Yes, they have verizon branding on them.

10. EricJD macrumors regular

11. goosnarrggh macrumors 68000

Their purpose is to allow you to travel internationally, and automatically connect to a partner carrier, linked back to your home account, whenever you enter an overseas country where Verizon (or Sprint, as the case may be) has established a roaming partnership with a GSM carrier.

If you never set foot outside the USA, then the included Verizon (or Sprint) SIM cards will never be used. If you only travel internationally to the dozen or so countries where the established roaming partner is CDMA-based, then again, the included SIM card will never be used. However, if you travel to the 100+ countries where the established roaming partner is GSM-based, then the included SIM card will cause your account to automatically follow you as you travel.

12. aneftp macrumors 601

Verizon "world capable" phones all have SIM cards. This has been for the longest time I can remember. Obviously Vodafone and Verizon are in it 49/51% together.

Plus all new Verizon LTE phones/devices have sims. Most newer models new microSIMs. (droid razr, Gnex etc).