Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aforty

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 27, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Well, I am. Been waiting since September but I guess I can wait a little longer. February? Discuss.

I started this thread because I wanted to see if this would outnumber the 'ordered my MBA' thread. It's semi-official because I don't own or work on this site ;)

thomasemery

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2008
Me too.

Was hoping to pick up the updated mid range MacbookPro after MacWorld. I have had my eye on one for bloody ages and I recently received a huge amount of tax back making it the perfect time to buy for me.

Guess I'll be waiting a little longer, I don't need the computer but want the convenience of a laptop. The time capsule looks like a good product though.

kamiboy

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2007
sold my MacBook 3 months ago in anticipation of "something" new at the conference. Needless to say Air is not for me and I dont want another MacBook and it looks like the MacBook Pro is due for an upgrade of some kind in the next few weeks to months.

In short i am in kind of pickle in how to proceed from here...

speakerwizard

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2006
London
i expect theyll let air have its 15mins then bring the multi touch track pad to the next pro when the cpu gets updates, shouldnt think itll be too long.

esvee

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2008
Back in august I decided I would buy the next update to the mbp, and was really banking on one for today, so I'm right with you.

More waiting...

thegeist

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2008
I too was waiting on the next mbp but in hopes of finding used prices a little lower...oh well. I'll just have to become a regular member and make more friends.

akadmon

Suspended
Aug 30, 2006
New England
Count me in.

Apple could have announced Penryn MBPs today, even with a 4-6 week delay in shipping, could have lowered the price of existing models by $300, and still come out even (or even ahead) on the bottom line in the short term, and possibly benefit in the long term from a perception of a more pro-consumer attitude. Instead they wasted this expo on overpriced, unneeded movie rentals and overpriced, unneeded Steve Jobs ego-trip projects like the soon-to-be-defunct Mac Book Air.

aforty

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 27, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
i expect theyll let air have its 15mins then bring the multi touch track pad to the next pro when the cpu gets updates, shouldnt think itll be too long.

That's kind of what I'm guessing here too. They told the world about the Mac Pro update a week early to let everyone get over that, it's obvious that they want their Apple TV and MBA have their unshared space in the presses the next few days and weeks. I'd say February is a good time for them, they'll have sold that first big wave of MBA's to the masses and will hopefully proceed to release a MBP with the multitouch trackpad and backlit LED display. Honestly, wouldn't you be a little disappointed if the next MBP didn't have either?

The MBP is definitely due for an update of some kind, soon.

Sptz

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2007
That's kind of what I'm guessing here too. They told the world about the Mac Pro update a week early to let everyone get over that, it's obvious that they want their Apple TV and MBA have their unshared space in the presses the next few days and weeks. I'd say February is a good time for them, they'll have sold that first big wave of MBA's to the masses and will hopefully proceed to release a MBP with the multitouch trackpad and backlit LED display. Honestly, wouldn't you be a little disappointed if the next MBP didn't have either?

The MBP is definitely due for an update of some kind, soon.

There is already a LED backlit on the MBP's

aiterum

macrumors 6502
Nov 17, 2007
United States
I wouldn't mind if the new MBP's came out in Feb...

...If every single one of them came with a signed apology from Steve Jobbs himself. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.