Senate GOP blocks Don't Ask Don't Tell repeal

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by dscuber9000, Dec 9, 2010.

1. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

*******s. Well, that's it then. The courts will have to repeal it instead. The blame is on our entire government, but Obama shares a lot of that blame. This will not sit well with the base at all.

3. Queso macrumors G4

The current shenanigans in Congress together with the revelations coming out from Wikileaks ought to be a serious wake-up call to all Americans. Your government is completely broken, out of control, and does not serve your interests. Either you start protesting or you sit and watch it continue going down the pan.

4. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

The American people don't care past the Presidential elections. Politics is boring.

It's seriously like we're just racing to see how fast we can destroy ourselves and everything we supposedly stand for.

5. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Republicans suck. They only blocked it to be pricks.

6. Queso macrumors G4

Sorry, but Democrats also suck. Neither side is looking particularly unsucky right now.

7. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Once again the republicans prove they have no platform other than an infantile refusal to cooperate at any level. It's sickening to me that these men and women are at the forefront of our political leadership.

8. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

You're damn right. Go here please, anyone who can: HRC: http://bit.ly/hwrzE3

9. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Between this, 9/11 healthcare for workers and the Obama tax cut/unemployment deal, not looking too good for the Dems. What happens when they're weaker in both bodies come January 1?

Obama will definitely get a primary challenge.

10. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

And this time I WOULD vote for Hillary.

11. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

ditto.

this is a farce.

12. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

Obama is going to have do something magical for me to vote for him the primaries. I say Anthony Weiner runs for President.

13. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

From a purely domestic standpoint, that. would. be. awesome.

He would actually use the bully pulpit.

14. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

He would be such a kickass vice president. :D

15. coolmacguy macrumors regular

There will not be a Democratic primary challenge. When you have the white house it's understood that you are the party's nominee.

16. stevento macrumors 6502

stevento

If Obama gets rid of a Senator's right to filibuster, I'll support him in 2012. Because when you think about it a filibuster really is immoral especially as it's being used today.

17. stevento macrumors 6502

stevento

Here's the problem with that: If a republican wins the white house in 2012 it will be reinstated.

18. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

There won't be any difference once the Republicans have more power in January, they won't have enough power to override a veto and they've already been getting their way in most things. I really hope Obama get's challenged and defeated in the primaries since he should be a 1 term president and I'm a little afraid of who the Republicans will nominate.

19. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Ted Kennedy-Jimmy Carter ring a bell?

20. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

I tend to agree... but it has happened before, and Americans sure aren't happy right now. 51% to 35% of Americans say they were better off under Bush 2 years ago than they are today.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-...they-re-worse-off-under-obama-poll-shows.html

21. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

22. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Thats what happens when the economy stays in the *******. People's saving are running out and benefits are expiring, OF COURSE they're worse off.

It has nothing to do with the president, other than the fact that Obama has only helped Wall Street with breadcrumbs for Main Street.

23. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I know it sounds puerile, but Americans would be unable to see past the name and would not elect a Weiner for president.

24. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Liberal Democratic congressmen from Queens do not grow up to be President.

He'll be mayor of NYC one day. That's what he aspires to.

25. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

Comprehension FAIL. I wasn't using a poll to justify my own opinion nor was I suggesting that said poll indicated anything at all regarding the quality of one president or another. Context matters people. Coolmacguy suggested there would be no challenger, I agreed but then suggested that an incredibly weakened or unpopular Obama (the 'better-off' poll being one measure of this) would improve the chances of such a challenge.

C'mon guys, I'm sure you can find some REAL opinions I hold to complain about without having to make up your own.