Senate Moves Forward With Bipartisan Bill to Rein in Jeff Sessions

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by RootBeerMan, May 20, 2017.

1. RootBeerMan macrumors 6502

RootBeerMan

Looks like Rand Paul and Patrick Leahy are going after Sessions and his Drug War ways. While this is a small step in the right direction, a better step would be decriminalisation of drugs and the outright legalisation of marijuana and removal from the drug schedules. Take all the power away from the little racist Keebler elf and he'll have nothing to do but to go after real criminals who have victims.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politic...rd-with-bill-to-rein-in-jeff-sessions-w482927

2. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I read this article yesterday, I wonder how much chance it has of getting votes.

3. sorcery macrumors regular

sorcery

Zero, I would think.

4. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

It will get votes just not a republican majority.

5. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Maybe not. I read somewhere that around 30 states have reduced incarceration for drug-related charges, in favor of drug courts and treatment options etc. That this has saved them money in the DA's office, the police departments, the criminal courts and the lockups. They get to put the money saved towards school budgets and so keep the property taxes down.. now Sessions pops off and wants to go all hardline in the face of professional analysis going the other way? I dunno. Governors will be talking to Senators here, and shipping along some graphs and charts.