Senator Bob Corker calls White House an “adult daycare center”

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Rogifan, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

His response after these tweets from Trump. :D

[​IMG]

2. niploteksi macrumors regular

Hilarious stuff. Thanks for sharing.

3. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

4. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Context: Corker went negative first, Trump tweeted about him, and then Corker responded.

Congress shouldn't be throwing stones at this point. They can't get anything done.

5. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

I kinda have to agree a little with Trump here.
    Corker is a whiney little bitch, but then again, Trump isn't much better either.
    As to the particular topic, Trump is correct. Corker didn't stand a chance without some heavy GOP endorsement, which no one was willing to give.
    I don't really think Trump's endorsement is of any real political value at the moment given how he is cozying up the Schumer lately.

6. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Corker called that one.

Occasionally Republicans get it right.

7. samcraig macrumors P6

8. Rogifan thread starter macrumors Core

Rogifan

Nothing Corker said was untrue. Trump is just once again showing how thin skinned he is. Media is reporting that Trump privately asked Corker to reconsider retiring. My guess is Corker said no and this is why Trump is lashing out.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 8, 2017 ---
    Nothing Corker said was untrue. Trump is just once again showing how thin skinned he is. Media is reporting that Trump privately asked Corker to reconsider retiring. My guess is Corker said no and this is why Trump is lashing out.

9. niploteksi macrumors regular

Would you have guessed Trump's Twitter count belonged to the president of the US if you removed a few names and made it anonymous?

10. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

Um, I sincerely doubt this. Trump has been going negative for decades now. I sincerely doubt there is any individual on the planet that he has not insulted in some manner.

BTW, why is Trump angry in the first place? He's the one who said he was against "political correctness". Corker is simply pointing out the unvarnished truth here...

Honestly, if a certain president hadn't kept sticking his fingers into the process earlier this year, the congress would most likely have repealed Obamacare in some form, and made a lot more advances in conservative budgetary matters.

Congress is a mess. But Trump makes things so much worse...

11. Rogifan thread starter macrumors Core

Rogifan

A mistake a lot of people are making. Adult day care is way worse. An adult day care is basically another word for nursing home.

12. samcraig macrumors P6

A lot of drooling, incapacitation and wet diapers. Either type.

13. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

I'd actually argue the other way around. Adult care may be better. Nearly everyone at adult day care centers are not dotards.

BL.

14. Rogifan thread starter macrumors Core

Rogifan

Amazing what someone will say when they’re not running for re-election.

[​IMG]
    NBC Nightly News (@NBCNightlyNews)
    10/8/17, 8:29 PM
    BREAKING: Pres. Trump treating presidency like reality show with threats that could put US on path to WWIII, Sen. Corker tells NYTimes.

[​IMG]
    Jake Sherman (@JakeSherman)
    10/8/17, 8:29 PM
    Corker to NYT “I know for a fact that every single day at the White House it’s a situation of trying to contain him” nyti.ms/2gnjRbF

https://mobile.nytimes.com/redirect?to-www=/2017/10/08/us/politics/trump-corker.amp.html

15. 0098386 Suspended

16. DearthnVader macrumors 6502a

DearthnVader

Senator Andrew Jackson of the great state of Tenn. once voted against a bill that was to give George Washington a metal.

So Senator Corker is just practicing a time honored tradition of Senators from Tenn. in his dissent.

Anyway, didn't stop General Washington from leaving General Jackson his dueling pistols in his will, tho maybe General Washington was hoping General Jackson would be killed by one of them.:p

17. fitshaced macrumors 68000

fitshaced

So Senator Corker should expect a nuclear warhead in the mail when Trump dies.

18. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

President? No.

“Obscure Radio Shock-Jock” would have been my first guest.

19. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

I’m surprised conservatives haven’t called Corker a secret Democrat yet.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 9, 2017 ---
    Yes, we know. Too bad most Republicans in Congress are too weak-spined to say this in public.

20. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

The inciteful, heck, the aware people in this country realize we are witnessing a slow motion National train wreck, while the minions cheer about becoming great again. What next? War on the Korean Pinninsula will truly make us great, or infamous if your prefer. It depends, but because I see the train wreck, I imagine any conflict as an extension of the Trump Presidency. :oops:

21. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Corker is just the tip of the iceberg. Others will follow his lead once the GOP starts to crack they will all jump ship of the ISS Trump.

22. 0007776 Suspended

I think the GOP is going to end up in a full blown intraparty civil war just in time for the midterm elections. It would be funny to watch if they weren’t the ones pulling all the strings in government right now.

23. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

They came close last summer when they thought Hillary was going to win. The party is on the verge of collapse and Trump is driving the bulldozer.