Senator Dianne Feinstein confirms what we already know

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by darksithpro, May 18, 2017.

1. darksithpro macrumors regular

She even went as far as saying all the crap is being spread by the MSM, and there's just nothing there.

2. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

........that's something is fishy in the Trump admin? Yeah, we know that already. :D

Someone will be going down for something. There is no way that all these many different news organizations...reputable news organizations with a long history of investigative reporting are all making various things up. It's just not possible. Too many people involved.

Also, lawyers, grand juries, subpoenas, and request for immunity involved. That's a lot for something made up...lol. But keep crossing those fingers. Keep thinking everyone is squeaky clean. But don't say someone didn't warn you when it doesn't turn out the way you led yourself to believe.

3. darksithpro thread starter macrumors regular

See, this is a problem some of you cannot accept. She's been privy to all the intelligence agencies Muller is going to get. Yet you still think he will find something when key Senators didn't? The problem you have is your blind hatred towards Trump, in your mind there has to be something there, JUST HAS TO BE, and if there isn't you won't accept it and treat it as cover up.

4. Gutwrench macrumors 68000

Gutwrench

Sounds like the line being repeated regarding Hillary.

5. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

You ignore all the odd looking things. All the stuff that's out there. Why have a request for immunity if nothing wrong was done? Why have grand juries and subpoenas if nothing is amiss? You keep posting threads like this that proclaim there isn't anything there. Frankly it looks a little desperate as you see the ship starting to sink. Grab a pail of water and start bailing. :D

6. Gutwrench macrumors 68000

Gutwrench

I think you're onto something with their reaction.

Just like when the election didn't turn out the way they decided it should they stomp their feet and hold their breath.

Instead of being reasonable they just follow their emotion.

Maybe the investigation will turn something up but there's nothing to suggest it yet. But they won't let common sense and reasonableness get in the way of a good tantrum.

7. darksithpro thread starter macrumors regular

This is Dianne Feinstein where talking about here, a highly respected and famous Democrat Senator from California. She probably hates Trump just as much as you all do, yet she couldn't find anything, and I bet she dug as deep as she possibly could to finish him.
    --- Post Merged, May 18, 2017 ---

Not now, when a super liberal senator hailing from California says there's nothing there. I mean c'mon man.

8. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

How is it common sense to say that there isn't anything there when there is obviously quite a lot of moving parts? At least you admit that something could be turned up, but I don't think that @darksithpro even think's there is a possibility.

9. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

You are hung up on the notion that this is only about Trump. It's not. It is an investigation of the people around him. If you think Flynn is clean and hasn't done anything wrong, well....I just don't think time will bear that out.

Also, one only need to look at the Bill Clinton investigation to see how something can start one place, and end up in quite another. Anyone that thinks absolutely nothing will definitely come out of this is not only ignoring the many bits and pieces of odd things, but presidential history as well and counting their chickens just a bit too early.

10. citizenzen macrumors 65816

:rolleyes:

Speculation on TV shows isn't evidence. That doesn't mean there isn't anything to be found or presented as evidence ... just that TV shows aren't the venue to present it.

An investigation is the the only way evidence will be brought forth. And that investigation has just begun.

11. Gutwrench macrumors 68000

Gutwrench

The bolded is just too vague and ambiguous.

I admit something could turn up just as it could just as well turn up nothing.
    Right now I think the latter is more likely.

The near hysterical reaction by the anti-Trumps is both comically pathetic and an embarrassment.

12. yaxomoxay macrumors 68020

yaxomoxay

Protection from accidental discovery.
    Protection from inevitable discovery.
    Protection from third party discovery.
    Protection from various exceptions.
    Application of governmental deterrent.
    Exercise of a constitutional right.
    Well, we have a reputable organization publishing this crap...

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-hide-among-wh-curtains-to-avoid-trump-report

13. Populism, May 18, 2017
    Last edited: May 18, 2017

Populism macrumors regular

Populism

The world's grandest recount.

*For those keeping score at home, I call Trump "idiot Trump" every time I mention him.

Too bad the liberals/democrats/progressives are hell-bent on dumbsh1t issues that make people vote for candidates like Idiot Trump.

Liberals/democrats/progressives will be a lock in '18 and '20 if they'll simply double down on non-reverse-apoplectic-cisgender-non-federal-urinals.

If they do that, they're a lock.

14. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

More likely based on what? Hope? When you start getting into bed with Russian oligarchs, anything is possible and the financial dealings may be questionable. Remember this is the same person that self dealt his charity money to pay his legal bills. Who in their right mind would think that was an okay thing to do? Not to mention the self portrait that got bought with charity money too.

No need for protection if you haven't done something wrong. And remember, he pushed for this weeks ago. To my knowledge no one else being investigated has done so. Only him.

15. yaxomoxay macrumors 68020

yaxomoxay

Yeah, and the framers wrote down the fifth (and fourth) because they were drunk.
    Guilt is a matter of judgment, the end of a trial, and an investigation, a long and horrible process if you're innocent, often abused by the government. The protection avoids threats by the government, and avoids the pain of the pre-judgment process specifically for innocent people.
    If you want to incriminate, you do the work.

16. darksithpro thread starter macrumors regular

Re-watch the video I posted, Wolf asked her about the "Trump campaign", not just Trump.

17. Rigby macrumors 601

OK, I've just watched the clip two times and at no point does she say what the OP claims she said in the first posting. Weird?

BTW, here's the full unedited interview:

18. darksithpro thread starter macrumors regular

So she didn't say nothing has changed since the last time she was asked? She didn't say there was no new evidence of collusion? She didn't say the accusations are coming from "rumors" and "news papers" and that's not evidence?

19. Rigby macrumors 601

That's not what you claimed in the first posting.
    She didn't say anything about where "the accusations are coming from". She said that news paper articles and rumors aren't necessarily evidence (duh). She also said that she will rely on the Mueller investigation for evidence (duh again), and at no point did she say anything remotely similar to "there's just nothing there".

20. darksithpro thread starter macrumors regular

Yet, at her current state of the investigation, she has found nothing. So it's accurate to say currently "there's nothing there".
    Is there any evidence other than news paper articles and rumors that prove collusion?

21. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Yet, none of the other people are asking for that. Heck, Carter Page runs to a TV station every chance he gets to talk about things.

I'm okay with that explanation. It's not accurate to assume that there isn't anything that they find questionable or that nothing will be uncovered though. Especially on Flynn.

22. Rigby macrumors 601

OK, so now we went from a final "there's just nothing there" to "currently there's nothing there". But if you listen to what she says after your clip conveniently stops (about 04:00 in the full video I linked above), it becomes clear that she has not reached any conclusion yet. She clearly says that it's mainly the Mueller investigation that would produce evidence.
    I don't know. You'd have to ask the FBI agents looking into the case.

23. yaxomoxay macrumors 68020

yaxomoxay

Who cares about the other people? If all my neighbors let the cops in without a warrant the fact that I am not going to allow them in is not an admission of guilt, a presumption of guilt, or even an appearance of guilt. No American court can see it otherwise.

24. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

She confirms she hasn't seen anything at this point, at no point does she confirm she knows everything there is to know about it. In no way does this dismiss the investigation.

25. darksithpro thread starter macrumors regular

So you admit you guys rely on rumors and unconfirmed news paper articles citing anonymous sources to accuse the President of collusion?