Senator Sessions has hard time grasping sexual assault

citizenzen

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 22, 2010
In the spin room after last night's debate, Senator Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.), one of Donald Trump's staunchest supporters, responded to the question, "But beyond the language, would you characterize the behavior described in that as sexual assault if that behavior actually took place?"
Sessions replied: "I don't characterize that as sexual assault. I think that's a stretch. I don't know what he meant —"

"So if you grab a woman by the genitals, that's not sexual assault?" asked the reporter.

"I don't know. It's not clear that he — how that would occur," Sessions replied.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/10/10/trump-supporter-sen-jeff-sessions-reportedly-said-behavior-trump-described-in-2005-video-is-not-sexual-assault/
It's not that hard to figure out Jeff. You reach out with your hand, and grab it.

Talk about an out-of-touch politician. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Huntn and Al'sDad

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
In the Spin Room after last night's debate, Senator Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.), one of Donald Trump's staunchest supporters, responded to the question, "But beyond the language, would you characterize the behavior described in that as sexual assault if that behavior actually took place?"

It's not that hard to figure out Jeff. You reach out with your hand, and grab it.

What did trump say?

" if you are a star, they just let you"

If the good digger in question is just letting him grab her as he saw fit. Is that not consensual?

sodapop1

Suspended
Sep 7, 2014
I suppose you have to look at it through their lens. If you are delusional enough to believe that every woman in the world is lusting after you, I can see how you would not characterize grabbing a woman's vagina as sexual assault.

Reactions: thermodynamic

ericgtr12

macrumors 65816
Mar 19, 2015
In the spin room after last night's debate, Senator Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.), one of Donald Trump's staunchest supporters, responded to the question, "But beyond the language, would you characterize the behavior described in that as sexual assault if that behavior actually took place?"

Everyone who tries to defend Trump ends up looking like rape apologists on TV, they won't be able to sustain it for long.

citizenzen

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 22, 2010
I suppose you have to look at it through their lens. If you are delusional enough to believe that every woman in the world is lusting after you, I can see how you would not characterize grabbing a woman's vagina as sexual assault.
Ah the "every woman wants it argument."

So out-of-touch. So Jeff Sessions.

That would explain his confusion.

Reactions: Eraserhead

BoxerGT2.5

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2008
They were intoxicated by his wealth and power therefor unable to give consent.:rolleyes:
I'm just trying to wrap my head around the idea that people who support Clinton are in an uproar about some comments Trump made (idiotic and stupid) about women when the person they support had sought to destroy any woman who dared to try and bring down their empire because her husband, who likes to sodomize women with cigars, can't keep his own schmeckle in his pants. Hello pot, meet kettle.

hulugu

macrumors 68000
Aug 13, 2003
quae tangit perit Trump
What did trump say?

" if you are a star, they just let you"

If the good digger in question is just letting him grab her as he saw fit. Is that not consensual?
No, it's not. Just because a person doesn't immediately scream, cry, or fight doesn't mean they gave consent.

Did he grab them by the ***** without their consent or did they allow it?
"Allow" doesn't mean consent. A person does not consent through silence.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
I'm just trying to wrap my head around the idea that people who support Clinton are in an uproar about some comments Trump made (idiotic and stupid) about women when the person they support had sought to destroy any woman who dared to try and bring down their empire because her husband, who likes to sodomize women with cigars, can't keep his own schmeckle in his pants. Hello pot, meet kettle.
The fact that you can't wrap your head around the difference is the problem.

Reactions: sodapop1 and hulugu

hulugu

macrumors 68000
Aug 13, 2003
quae tangit perit Trump
You're trying to confuse the issue. Clinton's guilt does not make Trump innocent.

Instead, it's possible that Clinton committed consensual sexual acts with his intern and Trump is a serial sexual abuser.

And, it's possible that Clinton rapaciously abused his power and Trump is just a braggart.

It's also possible that they're both sexual predators protected by power and influence, or they're both idiots.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
everything is "rape" to feminist, even women who just let a star grab their vaginas as he saw fit :rolleyes:
Not just feminists. Wikipedia too ;)

Rape is a type of sexual assault usually involving sexual intercourse or other forms of sexual penetration perpetrated against a person without that person's consent. The act may be carried out by physical force, coercion, abuse of authority or against a person who is incapable of giving valid consent, such as one who is unconscious, incapacitated, has an intellectual disability or is below the legal age of consent. The term rape is sometimes used interchangeably with the term sexual assault.