"Send to Mobile Me" icon/button disappeared from photo/videos?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SethRogen, Dec 22, 2011.

1. SethRogen macrumors 6502

When I get to a photo or video, and select and send it to Mobile Me like normal, the button to do it is gone. Did it disappear because of a software update or because I just bought the iPhone 4S? I have my mobile me account on there? Or did they take it away because of iCloud? I haven't done it in a long time hence why I havent noticed. But now I want too.

Help?

2. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

You know they've done away with MobileMe, right? They're trying to transition people away from it.

3. SethRogen thread starter macrumors 6502

So how do I put a video on MobileMe?

4. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

I don't know I've never used it, I've only used iCloud. And I'm not sure why you'd want to put it in MobileMe, when it's going to be gone in a few months, anyway.

5. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

If you copy it to your computer you can upload it by going to http://me.com/gallery

As noted above, Apple has unfortunately ditched MobileMe and it will be discontinued at the end of June 2012.

6. SethRogen thread starter macrumors 6502

My MobileMe account is going to be deleted? All of my email?

7. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

They kind of made all these huge public announcements about it, plus contacted everyone that paid for it, that's why they gave them all another year free.

8. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

It's all going to be transitioned across to iCloud, so you will still have your @me.com email, you will just go to the iCloud website to log in. It'll still also have your calendars, contacts, etc, and Photo Stream. Several MobileMe features, Gallery I believe being one of them, will not be transitioned across.

9. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

There should be something on the old site that helps you move your stuff.