sending in a mbp for repair with decals on the lid?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by esvee, Oct 21, 2008.

1. esvee macrumors member

So I designed this sweet decal that took me a fair amount of effort to apply precisely to the lid of my laptop, but now theres a hardware problem that I have an appointment for the apple store to take a look at.

Does having decals on the lid hurt my chances of getting a replacement if its necessary? Do they have gripes about that sort of thing?

2. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

^^^
    Going further off his useless post, you should be alright. So long as the stickers aren't affecting the MacBook Pro's performance, they should not care whatsoever. What is the issue?

3. emt1 macrumors 65816

Omg Wtf Is This?! A Sticker?!?!? Send It Back!!! Sound The Alarm!!!!

4. esvee thread starter macrumors member

As someone who has done the retail gig, I'm well familiar with what alot of companies consider "altering the product" and believe it or not, decals fall under that category for a lot of manufacturers. Just wanted to make sure that apple didn't fall into the 'thats frowned upon' category.

5. userblah macrumors member

Apple products do come with stickers of there own, and my friend has taken his macbook into the apple store with the stickers placed on it so I assume there would be no problem at all.

6. dibara2003 macrumors 6502

7. emt1 macrumors 65816

No they won't. Waste of time.

8. dibara2003 macrumors 6502

you never know. they may want to know if it's hiding something. or worst case, remember the guy who sent in his xbox 360 signed by the halo team? they tried to take the sharpie off. :eek:

9. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

its your own private property, why is apple going to tell you you can have stickers on it?

its one thing to attempt to work on it yourself but applying stickers?

the day they make that a no no is the day they have officially gone too far.

10. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

i have a white decel on my hp and they just fixed it and i got it just the same way i gave it to them

11. crazydreaming macrumors 6502a

crazydreaming

About a month and a half ago I brought in my dying 17" powerbook G4 that was having power management issues. It had a lot of stickers on it, including a yellow line crossing out the apple logo (inside joke).

Long story short, I'm now waiting on a brand new 17" mbp because they couldn't fix mine, so they're giving me the brand new one... go figure!

12. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

Helmets yes - computers no