Sending photo in mail with yahoo mail duplicates 5 - 9 times

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jrcsh6, Aug 6, 2008.

1. jrcsh6 macrumors 6502

jrcsh6

today it started...
    Took a picture today and sent it off. I later got a response from the person I emailer saying they got 7 copies of the email and photo. This happened more after I tried again. Any ideas?

2. KapitanIksrog macrumors regular

Happened to me yesterday... I sent a pic to my own work address and got 4 copies of it. Not sure whats up with this.

3. jrcsh6 thread starter macrumors 6502

jrcsh6

anyone else? i contacted yahoo and they seemed to think it was their problem. i restarted and restored (which sucked...2.anything is slow) and no change in luck

4. mrtrilby macrumors member

I've had that exact same problem happen when sending a photo via my Exchange account. It's only happened for me when sending via GPRS. It seems ok via wifi.

And it's definitely a phone issue (in my instance) - my phone kept reporting mail sending failed and then retrying. I only realised what was happening when the recepient emailed me back to ask why I thought the photo was so good, it was worthy of being sent 7 times.

iPhone 3G running 2.0 via Exchange.

5. aneftp macrumors 601

happened to me too!

I had this happen a few times to me with my new iphone 3g. Not sure if it was a firmware issue with 2.0.

I did notice that if I had very poor reception (1 or zero) bars, that yahoo email would resend the same photo's 5-6 times but I would get a warning message that stated the mail delivery processed failed even though the same email person got 6 copies of the same email.

How many bars do you have when you are getting this problem?

I just updated to firmware 2.0.1 and I do not have any issues with yahoo email sending multiple photos repeatly to the same address anymore.