Sending text messages to a group of friends

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Moz4, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Moz4 macrumors newbie

On my old phone I could group together friends and send a text message to this group. It took seconds and was really easy.

On iPhone, which I've just bought thinking it was the best phone in the world, I can't do this. I have to add each person individually.

Does anyone know a way round this?

2. shinenjk macrumors regular

I complained about the same issue before. The answer is no, not that I know of. Adding people one by one is a total pain in the butt at the moment ESPECIALLY with the contact lag issue going on. I feel your pain. Guess we'll have to live with it until they fix it. ;(

3. slicecom macrumors 68020

It IS the best phone in the world, but sadly, not the most fully featured phone in the world. Apple likes to withhold desirable features, then add them in future upgrades so people will want to throw away their old Apple product and go buy a similar, but slightly more featured, new one.

4. Moz4 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah! This isn't quite as bad as I thought.

It's still a ball-ache to enter the names, but once you've sent the first text message to the group, you can go to that outgoing message again and add more at the bottom to send further messages to the same group of people.

Just means you can't delete the message.

They still need to fix this to make it more user friendly however.