sending texts from watch- they go through but the watch shows an error saying they didnt

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by madeirabhoy, Sep 25, 2017.

1. madeirabhoy macrumors 6502a

tried this a few times.

when i reply to a text message from my wife (non iPhone so normal SMS) on my watch, it says sending for ages, even though she has received the messages instantly, and then it flags up an error, putting an annoying red dot on the front screen too

2. madeirabhoy thread starter macrumors 6502a

am I the only person this happens to? ive restarted both watch and phone.

3. Farrellcollie macrumors 6502

It has happened to me - but I was not sure if the message went through earlier or when I got home and was near phone

4. madeirabhoy thread starter macrumors 6502a

the message goes through every time, instantly. my phone is always near me. however every time the message is sent from the watch it says sending and after a while beeps to say sending failed. however the message has been received as normal.

and on checking, its not intermittent, its every single message out of maybe a dozen I have sent via my watch. 1 was dictated 1 was a set answer and the rest scribbled.

its really annoying and puts me off answering via my phone as not only do you get the beep but the message conversation is full of error messages.

5. earthdog macrumors regular

I have the same issue on my AW3 LTE using cellular.

6. Farrellcollie macrumors 6502

When it was happening to me and It does not seem to still be happening– it would take a few minutes and then I got a vibration and the message said that it hadn't gone through. It did result in me sending a very bizarre batch of messages because I kept repeating that when I was trying to send so the recipient got like five of the same ones. It does not seem to still be happening And I don't know what caused it or what resolved it. I've been waiting to see if it came back

7. KRG macrumors regular

KRG

Happens to me too for most but not all non-iMessage texts. I know they're going through because I get instant responses, so I've get ignored it. Doesn't bother me too much, but hopefully it will be rectified.