SENSORS DID NOT TURN PINK on water damaged iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Barbie357, May 5, 2011.

1. Barbie357 macrumors newbie

PLEASE HELP!! :( I just dropped my iPhone 4 in a ice chest of water and I quickly took it out and blew out all the water and put it in rice but the phone just kept turning on and off and worked fine so I tool it out of the rice and it works fine except the ringer volume stays on the screen and won't go away and it keeps turning on and off. But the sensors on the headphones isn't pink or on the bottom charger spot there both white. So what do I do please help !!! I want to take it to get a new one but idk if apple with know it's water damage since the sensors aren't pink Maybe they won't and I can get a new one for free ?

2. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Honestly, yes they will give you a new one. Just show them the phone keeps turning on and off, and they will only look in the headphone jack with a flashlight and replace yours.

But I bet if your honest, they will still give you a replacement because the sensors aren't tripped.

3. Barbie357 thread starter macrumors newbie

Powell I'd rather be safe and maybe just say I let my mom borrow my phone and now it doesn't work lol. And I'm crossing my fingers they'll give me a new one I just got my phone in march. Do you think they'd give me a white one lol. Or is that asking for too much hah. I'd honestly be happy with just a new phone. But thank for the advice :)

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Now you're asking for too much.
    Its not gonna happen to have it replaced with a white.
    You should be happy if they even replace it cause they might also check the other sensor located inside the iphone and if that one is pink you might be SOL.

5. bobobenobi macrumors regular

I believe there's more than one inside the phone.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

True, I think there's 2 maybe 3 but not 100%.

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

There are two inside.

8. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Is lying about what happened and refusing to take responsibility for it while expecting Apple to upgrade your phone for free due to your negligence asking too much? I'm not sure, when I steal from people it's usually asking too little.

9. wpotere Guest

Sadly this attitude is common... :( Lying is wrong. Own up what you did and pay the water damage fee for a new phone.

10. Barbie357 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok I never said I was going to lie and was joking about getting a white one I'll be happy with a new one and if them not noticing that it's water damaged than how's that lying thats there fault and if I do than so what! if it makes you feel better than why don't you send me 400$ to get a new one :)

11. wpotere Guest

Seriously? If you don't tell them you damaged it, it is lying. You were at fault and dropped it in the water. Go in, tell them you did and see if they will have some pity for you. If not, you pay the fee for a new phone. It isn't "their" fault at all, it is yours....